Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone know who owns the PSA 10 Gary Zimmerman 1987 Topps?

I would like to own it for my Vikings set. If you know who has it, I'll hook you up with a finders fee. image

Comments

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    If memory serves me correctly, that would be MOSH.

I doubt it is available. Get with Jeremy at the Thefootballcardstore and maybe he can clarify. I may have one by the time my next sub pops (wishful thinking..lol).

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I've submitted 6 or 7 that I thought had a shot. I landed about half 9's and the other half were 8's.

I've asked John and Jeremy and they both claim they don't own it, so I'll have to take their word. I've checked every 87 Topps set on the registry, all the future HOF, Vikings and 90's Team sets and it's nowhere to be found. WHERE IS IT!!!!! image
  • Options
    If DC dont have it, no one knows.

I would trust Jeremy if he said MOSH doesn't have it

Happy sluething JT
  • Options
    i can tell you who does not have itimage i dont...lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Could be a non registry guy who has no idea how coveted that card really is.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Hmm..I don't know then..I thought I remembered MOSH picking one up the PSA 10 from ebay 4-5 years ago, but I guess not. So many cards, it could have been something different. It was before I started tracking prices, so I have no record of its sale.

It's probably sitting in some dealers display case somewhere with a $25 sticker on it...lol

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    I just asked Jeremy again and it turns out MOSH does own it, so you were right. I had asked him about it before and he said no. Wonder why he doesn't have it in his other sets... I just want it for my Vikes set since I retired all of my other sets. bah. Maybe someone will land another one and I can just buy it then.

dang it
  • Options
    I heard that some guy named George Dreher owned it.
  • Options
    If the other sets were created after it was entered into the 1987 set, then it's kind of a pain to go back and cross reference stuff.
    We'll do that leading up to the award deadline. Yes, it's true it's with MOSH.

Good memory/records Jason. I might have looked in the wrong set the first time I was asked. Sorry!
    Jeremy
  • Options
    You should just sell / trade it to me and save yourself the trouble. image
  • Options

<< <i>If the other sets were created after it was entered into the 1987 set, then it's kind of a pain to go back and cross reference stuff.
    We'll do that leading up to the award deadline. Yes, it's true it's with MOSH.

Good memory/records Jason. I might have looked in the wrong set the first time I was asked. Sorry! >>

Cool, I thought my memory was fading..I am nothing without it..lolol

They are pretty tough, but not impossible..If I could find cheaper 1987 Topps boxes somewhere I would try more to find one. But for $45, there just aren't that many other good cards in the box to warrant that cost. Last 87 box I popped, I got one PSA 9 and one PSA 8 Zimmerman. I had hopes for the PSA 10, but once I inspected it again in its holder, it wasn't flawless, so I sold it rather than re-sub. I did get some other PSA 10's from cards I sent in, so its just a roll of the dice really..

Jason
  • Options
    I ripped a box of racks and thought for sure I had the next psa 10. Got a 9 and a couple of 8's. Se la vie.

I've never busted 87 Topps wax (at least not since 1987) so I wasn't sure how the QC was on those.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Josh,

The problem w/ the Zimmerman is more centering than corners. I have at least 15 from wax and racks that are 9/10 corners and edges but centering ranges anywhere from 65/35 to 95/5.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    My 9's, and even my 8's for that matter, were all centered well. Chipping on the edges, fish eyes on the back and a little snow on the front seems to be the biggest problems. I'll have to buy some raw sets or some wax boxes and give it a whirl.
  • Options
    The empire needs to hire a clerk.
    I suspect that therre is a lot of low hanging fruit.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Another PSA 10 Zimmerman has been graded. I wonder if this one will make it to eBay or if it will be sold directly to Jon (Fight4OldDC). It's the last card he needs to have a perfect 10.00 on his 1990s NFL Team of the Decade set.

• Options

<< <i>Good news. >>

Good news indeed!
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling you could see even more Zimmerman 10's come out of the woodwork now. There's no reason for a 1987 Topps card to have such a low pop in PSA 10. My guess is if this second PSA 10 is sold publicly it will go for a lot ($250-$600?) and the next will be substantially less.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    I've sent in ab0out a dozen from wax breaks and received a couple 7's (surface puckers) 3 9's and the rest were 8's. My 9's I thought all had a shot at 10's and I was hoping the 8's would all be 9's and just help offset grading fees. image

• Options
    lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Nice work Joe. Did you submit the Zimmerman yourself?

Chad