Home Sports Talk
Options

Wow!!! Rockies vs. Padre Show Down for NL Wild Card

Rockies are the hottest team in MLB. Who would have thought?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see who wins this.
  • Options
    Lets go Rockies and future MVP Matt Holliday!
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lets go Rockies and future MVP Matt Holliday! >>

Matt Holliday's numbers were all about the Coors effect (check out his stats on the road). I'm taking Jimmy Rollins for MVP.
  • Options
    Holliday had 55 RBI's and hit over .300 on the road.

It will be a tight race for MVP.
  • Options
    It's now in the 13th inning, these teams are pretty evenly matched.
  • Options
    Tulowitski has been phenomenal at short.

I wonder if he will end up winning the ROY award?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lets go Rockies and future MVP Matt Holliday! >>

Matt Holliday's numbers were all about the Coors effect (check out his stats on the road). I'm taking Jimmy Rollins for MVP. >>

You mean his .859 OPS on the road? You can't take votes away from a guy because of where he plays...if it was all about the Coors effect, everyone would be mashing there.

One other thing: Holliday had a .448 OBP and 1.248 OPS in September, Rollins just .333 and .875 OPS.

• Options
    nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    This game is crazy!
  • Options
    Playoff Baseball, it just doesn't get any better than this!!!
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow .... WHAT A GAME

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Heck of a game!

woohoo!

Holiday never tagged the plate LOL.
  • Options
    This is just the beginning of a great post season!!! That was a fantastic game.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    That was an amazing finish. Does anyone think he made the plate or did the Pads get a little hosed?
  • Options

<< <i>That was an amazing finish. Does anyone think he made the plate or did the Pads get a little hosed? >>

He never touched the plate, but the Pads didn't get hosed. They should've never let them come back like that in the first place.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    That game was amazing...hopefully just a preview of October baseball this year.

By the way, has Trevor Hoffman ever gotten a big save? I mean, ever? He has something like 8 million career saves, but always seems to blow it when the pressure is on him.

And Holliday definitely didn't touch the plate. But no matter, as Hoffman would have just given up a hit to the next Rockies hitter up anyway.
  • Options
    <<By the way, has Trevor Hoffman ever gotten a big save? I mean, ever? He has something like 8 million career saves, but always seems to blow it when the pressure is on him.>>

Good point. I recall at least one blown save in the 1998 World Series. Check out Mariano Rivera's Post Season stats for the Gold Standard.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good point. I recall at least one blown save in the 1998 World Series. Check out Mariano Rivera's Post Season stats for the Gold Standard. >>

Excluding 2001 and 2004
  • Options

<< <i>Heck of a game!

woohoo!

Holiday never tagged the plate LOL. >>

That makes up for the home run the Rockies got hosed out of.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a GREAT game, too bad someone had to lose.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    The regular season concludes with spectacular meltdowns by two HoF pitchers, Hoffman and Glavine, helping to shape the playoff field. What a game...
  • Options
    That was a classic. Down by 2 in the 13th, and they come back? Are you kidding me? The Rockies showed true grit.
  • Options

<< <i>That was a classic. Down by 2 in the 13th, and they come back? Are you kidding me? The Rockies showed true grit. >>

They seem to be a team of destiny at this point. No AL team will want to face them in the WS.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Hoffman has a ERA of 9.00 for World Series and 10.00 for All-Star games. He also blew Saturday's game along with yesterday's.

Career leader in saves, yes, but as Cowherd says "most were against the Pirates on a Wednesday afternoon".
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi