Home Sports Talk

Brett Favre

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Every time you think he's just about finished, he starts getting it done again. The Packers haven't had a terribly strong schedule yet, though. I guess that's normal in the mediocre NFC, though. In that conference, Dallas looks like men among boys. Which is unfortunate since I hate the Cowboys.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I used to hate Favre in my younger days. Dont know why, I just did. I pull for him now. Being the same age as him, Im glad to see him still playing.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    At last check there were no horses in the NFC North. I like Brett, but the Pack are not contenders!

JS

• << <i>I used to hate Favre in my younger days. Dont know why, I just did. I pull for him now. Being the same age as him, Im glad to see him still playing. >>

Same here. I think the reason I hated him was because he always beat my 49ers...particularly in the playoffs.

It's great to see the guy doing as well as he is. He's also a nice, modest change from the egomaniac stars that you usually see hogging up all the media airwaves.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Well they didnt put their own schedule together. But lets go back to before the first game of the season. What would you have predicted their record to be with the games they have played so far.

Philly at home
    Giants on the Road
    Chargers at home
    Vikes on the Road

lets see, thats 3 playoff teams from last year. the team with the best record in the NFL last year at 14-2. and two divsion winners as well. and a trip to a rival house that has been torture for favre for most of his career. so from the start i dont think most people were saying that is was going to be a cake walk.

in retrospect maybe it was. but the pack had nothing to do with. even one in the nfc north plays almost the same schedule except for two games.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's