Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

4 out of 5 on the Crossover...Woohoo!

Submitted 5 Lincoln's for crossover at same or better. 4 out of 5 made it into PCGS Plastic...80% success I would surmise is better than the average.

Pretty common Lincolns, but both the 1928 66RB and the 1958-D 66RB are top pop coins!!!!

4 out of 5 on the Cross!!!

Here is the coin that did not cross. Very pretty, imo, technically a ms64BN due to several marks on the reverse but I would have thought that the eye appeal would have added a point. PCGS did not think so. If this would have crossed at 65BN that would have been three top pop coins.

Why do you think this coin DNC at 65...marks or questionable color?

imageimage
Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
ANA Member R-3147111

Comments

• Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>Why do you think this coin DNC at 65...marks or questionable color? >>

Marks. I don't think that should go 65. Color would have been noted if it was a problem I think, unless it didn't even get that far. Attractive piece nonetheless.

Congrats on the others!
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Must be an error, everyone know NGC coins NEVER cross to PCGS unless it's 3 grades less!!! image Just ask Russ, he'll tell you! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Must be an error, everyone know NGC coins NEVER cross to PCGS unless it's 3 grades less!!! Just ask Russ, he'll tell you! >>

I recently crossed six out of eight NGC to PCGS at the same grade. Of course, I picked those eight coins from a group of over 80 coins.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    "Excellent" results Pete. Congrat's on this accomplishment! image The color looks ok to me but carbon spot on the obverse and cut's on reverse are too deep for a 65? You could try it again some time in the future.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to get at least 4 out of 5 crossed.
    Nice looking lincoln.

I, though, disagree that "eye appeal should add a point". It shouldn't. It should add $ but never improve the grade

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>"Excellent" results Pete. Congrat's on this accomplishment! image The color looks ok to me but carbon spot on the obverse and cut's on reverse are too deep for a 65? You could try it again some time in the future. >>

Thanks, man!

I agree about the cuts (the one is fairly substantial), definitely not PCGS 65 material. I do like the color and lustre on the coin so I will probably just keep it in it's NGC 65 holder. 1929-P's are pretty common in high grade red so I'll just keep my eyes open for a nice PCGS piece.

imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file