Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Sellers who don't remove cards from their sets when they sell them.

Just a little rant here, i hate it when people sell cards and then don't remove them from their sets so the new owner can add them when they arrive. I've bought several cards from one person and he never removes them until several days after i've received them and tried to add them. i received a card from him yesterday and could'nt add it, i wrote him asking him to remove. i received an e mail this morning stating he was out of town but would remove when he returned home. ??????????? how did he write me an e mail? he must have been at a computer. to my knowledge thats all it should require to make the drop from his set. OK got that off of my chest. thanks PB

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i know the feeling

i concur, its a pain
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Lucky the guy was nice to remove it. Some people wouldn't take it off at all for some reason lol. Probably the reason why he couldn't take it off from where he was is because he probably didn't remember is password and/or user name sometimes, so he probably had to go home to his little book to get password and so on. Some people hardley come to these boards and sometimes they don't log into their accounts for the longest and forget their passwords and sometimes even their user names for the people who come once in a bluemoon. Glad you can finaly add your cards because that would really suck if you weren't able to add them even after you bought it for the purpose of adding it to your set. Does anybody know what happens if a seller dosen't remove the card from their registry? What would I have to do to add a card to my registry?
  • Options
    email the registry people.....they may make you send them a scan of the card to show you possess it......then they will delete it for you
  • Options

<< <i>email the registry people.....they may make you send them a scan of the card to show you possess it......then they will delete it for you >>

Can somebody that dosen't have the card easily send a scan to PSA? Than what? I can't understand that!
  • Options
    They make you send a scan of both the front and back of the card.
  • Options
    If you have the card, just send psa a scan of both the front and the back of the card. then they will enter it for you.

Although I will not defend the guy addressed in the initial post, I will say that when I trade or sell a card to someone (either on this listserve or through ebay or some other means), I do not delete the card from my registry until I know that the person received it. I believe then that if someone else obtains the card and attempts to enter it, I can prevent them or at least notify PSA and the purchaser/trader that someone has the card that should not. I consider a final insurance method.
    I collect PSA graded 1980-81 Basketball.

Successful transactions with bouwob, lifeshouldbefun, SDSportsFan, Bkritz, tsalems1, kwtoz, johnny1976, Topps29, Calaban7, nascar20, bking, bedellsonics, Beck6, Dialj, Echocanyon, mdkuom, gosteelers, artimus.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    This is not a huge deal - if you try to add a card to your registry set and can't because it's in someone else's set, PSA automatically contacts the seller to remove the card. For most, removing a sold card from their registry set is simply an oversight and not worthy of hate. Can't we all just try to get along?image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

<< <i> I will say that when I trade or sell a card to someone (either on this listserve or through ebay or some other means), I do not delete the card from my registry until I know that the person received it. I believe then that if someone else obtains the card and attempts to enter it, I can prevent them or at least notify PSA and the purchaser/trader that someone has the card that should not. I consider a final insurance method. >>

I agree with this. I ask people NOT to remove it from their set until I have it, its a little bit more insurance.

Now Im not sure if PSA would give you the contact info of someone attempting to add a card you claimed was stolen, unless you had a police report or something, but I would hope they would.

I dont mind waiting a few hours or even days to add a card while someone removes it. You do of course have the MOSH's of the world who wont remove the card at all, until you sent the scan to PSA. I would imagine PSA gets kind of tired forcibly removing cards from MOSH sets all the time.
  • Options
    Sometimes it's happened to me where I've removed the card from one set, but forgot to remove it from another. For instance, you have to remove it from a "basic" and "master" set and confirm/validate each set. At least, that's some of the experiences that I have.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Arny,

i have had that happen to me as well on both ends.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I had bought a card that PSA gave the same # to the same card (# and name of the same set). I had to scan the card (front/ back) then the allowed me to register the card 3 days later.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies