Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Willie Mays 1954 sheet music (see scan)

How rare is the attached?

Comments

• Can you give some more info about what exactly this is? Is it similar to this ?: linkadink
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's a sheet music. I guess they wrote a song about Willie in 1954 (not to be confused with the song that little kid sang on The Patridge Family).
    The sheet music has 6 pages, but no other pictures.
  • Baseball isn't my strong point, so I really don't know. But I'll post again just to give you a bump image
    Just for kicks, my guess would be about $10-30 on ebay (depending on the weather).
    Good luck.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭
    The Babe Ruth sheet music would get a PSA -1.
    The Willie Mays one is clean, crisp with no bends, folds, etc.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echo

I do collect some sheet music - in fact I have at this time 11 different copy variations of the 1908 Take Me Out to the Ball Game - I have catalogued 15 different and the HOF says there's only 11 total variations.

I do from time to time check for 'baseball sheet music' on ebay and don't remember this piece - tho it is popular and mentioned on many music webs to include the music section on the HOF site.

Most vintage sheet music goes for under 100 bucks and appears to be quite plentiful.

Now - how many Say hey sheet music copies have survived? Not sure. But since it's postWar - I would guess there's a bit out there.

Just check ebay under "baseball sheet music" from time to time and I'm sure you will see a copy - eventually to gauge the value?

mike
    Mike