Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does anyone use or can recommend inventory software

Probably some decent freeware or shareware inventory software for misc things. I remember seeing them before when I was into the shareware thing.
Think you could use them for anything and customize them.

Any of you guys use anything like that?

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good question Zep.

I used to see programs for sale all the time in SCD.

Now? I believe most take the time to use excel and create their own spreadsheets.

And, anyone who will share their spreads are being very generous since it's very time consuming to create.

One that has always been generous is Basilone - specifically the Topps Heritage.

If anyone finds a good program that can be used right off of the catalog - so one can use it for current card values and checklist? That would be cool.

mike
    Mike
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i use my brain and lose stuff when i have it in my hand lol-or walk in a room and cant rember what i was looking for,anybody else do that, i hate that!i could use one of those!
    randy
  • One of the board members (I forgot who), put together a quick Excel spreadsheet based on a program I used to use and lost. It basically sorts my data by name (alphabetically) and than numerically (by year). My columns are year, type of card, card number, grading company, grade and price I pay. I keep 2 files. One for my player sets (to track what cards I need) and another for all the cards I bought (to track dupes, costs, etc.)
    I can email you a generic copy if that's what you are looking for.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • I've been using The Card Collector software for 9 years now and it's very easy to use. It has virtually all sets ever produced with prices but I think it cost quite a bit more than when I was givin it for Christmas yet I've only bought one update. You can enter cards manually or change a cards price which omits the need for updates.

The Card Collector
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I use to use this program when it first came out. I think I bought it at egghead well over 15 years ago. I havent updated it since. Its sitting on an older computer at home. I am in the process of adding that old computer to another that I have at home. Has anyone on here updated their older software? If so how did it do? Also does anyone use this for player card sets. I dont remember how searchable the database was for players only. Its a toss up to do this or just download that data that I need from beckett's collectors site for free and convert the data to my access database that I have. Any thoughts.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Go to their website and it tells you about updating. It doesn't cost as much as a "new" release. It costs around $20 I think. And the database is searchable by player, team, cards you have, cards you don't have, rookies and the list goes on.