Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anybody from New York? Staten Island? Brooklyn?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody here is from Staten Island NY or Brooklyn NY? Does anybody ever have a get together to trade cards and so on? I was wondering if anybody from these areas wanted to maybe start something here? Anybody ever done this even in other states? Thanksimage

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    No - I live in Texas but just wanted to say that I was stationed at Ft Hamilton for 3 yrs - it was great!

We had our own little group there that got together - went to shows and stuff. There's a small card shop right outside the gate that I frequented.

Bayridge area of Brooklyn next to the bridge is really nice.

Good luck in finding some buds to share with!
    mike
    Mike
  • Hey Mike, thats sounds cool image You know its getting harder and harder finding card buddys and all the card shops here have dropped like flies in the past 10 yearsimage Hopefuly I get some collector's from Staten Island or Brooklyn too. I live on Staten Island so it would be cool to get together with other Basketball card collector's. It would be nice you collect Basketball HOF or 50 Greatest Autographs but I will take any Basketball and maybe even Baseball lol. We can get together and go to card shows, have a lunch in my back yard and trade cards, that would be great image Anybody out there? I doubt anybody from SI or BK will see my post lol. Ok Mike, thanks for sharing and maybe i'll visit that card shop if I get the chance to get out to BK. Later image
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staten Island here for 3 years now, but originally from the Bronx.

• << <i>Staten Island here for 3 years now, but originally from the Bronx. >>

Get out of here! LOL. Really? From what part? What do you collect? Any card shows coming up? Keep in touchimage
  • Long Island here .
    I grew up in the Bronx , Morris Park area

I have lived all over though, never in Staten Island or Brooklyn though , Manhattan for a while and then Whitestone .

Now I am all the way out here on Long Island though .

Every now and then I get out to Staten Island and Brooklyn to do some jobs , but most of my work is in Manhattan .
  • Hey Long Island, whats up? Anybody from Staten Island or Brooklyn or anybody that would be able to travel to SI to have a card day or something? We can start a group were we can trade, show off our cards, go to card shows and so on. Anybody want to start this? We can do it whenever theres time for everybody, even if its once a month. Let me know if anybody wants to join from NY. Thanks againimage
    There is a show in Staten Island at the CYO community center - I would google it or check Beckett for an upcoming event.

I used to frequent the show at Hofstra U. and I went to a show at the Nassau Coliseum once.

Bayridge had a show when I was there - didn't think much of it tho.

There was a regular show somewhere near Kennedy Airport in Queens - I remember they regularly had old-timers who still lived in the greater NY area - and the price was fair - like 5 to 10 bucks for an auto.

Good luck guys and happy hunting!
    mike
    Mike
    Giovanni, I am in Great Kills.

Mike, I set up at that Staten Island CYO show in June, and it has now been discontinued.

This promoter is a friend of mine, and runs middle sized to big sized shows on Long Island and Westchester.

<< <i>Long Island here .
    I grew up in the Bronx , Morris Park area >>

TNT, I am from Throgs Neck originally, so actually you are my sworn enemy. image

Bowled my first 300 game at Ven Nest lanes on Bronxdale avenue in March of 1995.
    Good story for you NY'ers.

There's a guy who posts here from time to time - Mantlefan - he's got of the best Mantle stuff on the planet.

We've talk for almost 4 yrs now.

Well, it turns out we were raised about 5 blocks from each other!

I lived in Kew Gardens Hills - Queens until we moved to Hewlett, LI when I was in the 9th grade!

And BTW, people who grew up in KGH - which is so small, it doesn't have it's own High School - when I lived in NY kids went to either Jamaica or Forrest Hills High unit they build Francis Lewis High which I don't believe is in KGH.

So people who grew up in my neighborhood:

1. Bob Dylan
    2. Simon and Garfunkle
    3. Fran Dresher (The Nanny)
    4. Michael Landon
    5. Martin Landau

Gee - I wish that talent had rubbed off on me! image

I wouldn't trade my childhood in Queens for anywhere on earth! It had everything - AND - down the block!!!!!

Ballpark? down the block
    Candystore? down the block in every direction!
    Movies? down the block
    Church? down the block - I attended Queen of Peace - Catholic church
    Friends? more than you can ever need!
    Transportation? Q44 bus will take ya anywhere ya need and pick up the subway to the city - our parents could let us go to Yankee Stadium days games by ourselves and not worry about us coming up on a milk carton!
    Pizza? by the slice - down the block!!!

Mike
  • Staten Island for 9 years(Willowbrook).

I didn't know that the CYO shows were discoutinued, that stinks. I thought they were stopped for the summer. A nice little show to pick up some items.

AJ

• << <i>Staten Island for 9 years(Willowbrook).

I didn't know that the CYO shows were discoutinued, that stinks. I thought they were stopped for the summer. A nice little show to pick up some items.

AJ >>

Hey AJ, I didn't know they stopped it either, I thought it was for the summer. So what do you collect? Are we gona start a little group or what? Let me know if anybody is interestead, I think it would be kinda cool. I was thinking about going to the October show at the CYOimage

• << <i>Good story for you NY'ers.

There's a guy who posts here from time to time - Mantlefan - he's got of the best Mantle stuff on the planet.

We've talk for almost 4 yrs now.

Well, it turns out we were raised about 5 blocks from each other!

I lived in Kew Gardens Hills - Queens until we moved to Hewlett, LI when I was in the 9th grade!

And BTW, people who grew up in KGH - which is so small, it doesn't have it's own High School - when I lived in NY kids went to either Jamaica or Forrest Hills High unit they build Francis Lewis High which I don't believe is in KGH.

So people who grew up in my neighborhood:

1. Bob Dylan
    2. Simon and Garfunkle
    3. Fran Dresher (The Nanny)
    4. Michael Landon
    5. Martin Landau

Gee - I wish that talent had rubbed off on me! image

I wouldn't trade my childhood in Queens for anywhere on earth! It had everything - AND - down the block!!!!!

Ballpark? down the block
    Candystore? down the block in every direction!
    Movies? down the block
    Church? down the block - I attended Queen of Peace - Catholic church
    Friends? more than you can ever need!
    Transportation? Q44 bus will take ya anywhere ya need and pick up the subway to the city - our parents could let us go to Yankee Stadium days games by ourselves and not worry about us coming up on a milk carton!
    Pizza? by the slice - down the block!!!

image >>

Hey whats up, great storyimage I live on Staten Island now but I was born and raised in Brooklyn, in Carroll Gardens, I lived on Degraw Steer next to Court Street. I also had all those things too execpt for a ball park LOL. Had Yankee stadium but we had to travel by subwayimage

• << <i>Giovanni, I am in Great Kills.

Mike, I set up at that Staten Island CYO show in June, and it has now been discontinued.

This promoter is a friend of mine, and runs middle sized to big sized shows on Long Island and Westchester. >>

I went to that show a couple of times. What table did you have? What did you sell? Do you know that old guy who sells those Baseball Autographs lol? Don't tell me your himimage
    They used to have other shows in Staten Island back in the 90s when I was stationed at Ft. Hamilton:

at St. Adelbert's auditorium, Oakwood Heights church and St. Sylvesters - gone now?

mike
    Mike

• << <i>They used to have other shows in Staten Island back in the 90s when I was stationed at Ft. Hamilton:

at St. Adelbert's auditorium, Oakwood Heights church and St. Sylvesters - gone now?

mike >>

Oh yeah WOW, I remember that one, I used to go there. Actualy it was my first card showimage I was pritty upset when they stopped that oneimage Being young and not able to drive to Brooklyn or anywhere else really sucked.

<< <i>I live on Staten Island now but I was born and raised in Brooklyn, in Carroll Gardens, I lived on Degraw Steer next to Court Street. >>

Sounds like you lived right next to Sal's Pizzeria. Too funny. My wife is from Union street between Court street and Clinton street. Nothing like getting bread from Mazzola's.

• << <i>

<< <i>I live on Staten Island now but I was born and raised in Brooklyn, in Carroll Gardens, I lived on Degraw Steer next to Court Street. >>

Sounds like you lived right next to Sal's Pizzeria. Too funny. My wife is from Union street between Court street and Clinton street. Nothing like getting bread from Mazzola's. >>

HAHAHAHAHAimage Are you kidding me? Mazzolla's? Thats my favorite bread in the whole World! I drive from Staten Island to Brooklyn just to buy their bread and coffee. I love the lard bread too LOL. I sometimes go in the back at night when there just making the bread like at 1:00 am in the morning LOL. Yeah of course I know Sal's Pizzeria, a friend of mine comes from the same town as Sal does in Naples. WOW, what a small World! Were do you guys live now? Nice chatting withimage
  • Never mind lol, you come from Staten Islandimage I had to go read up.
  • TNT, I am from Throgs Neck originally, so actually you are my sworn enemy.

Bowled my first 300 game at Ven Nest lanes on Bronxdale avenue in March of 1995
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, really ?
    I didn't know . .

I know exactly where the bowling alley is though .

I have never even come close to a 300 though.

We would go bowling in the parking lot , then go bowling image