Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

new scanner

I just bought an Epson scanner and stated using photobucket for pics. How do I get the pics to the registry? I've tried several times with no luck. Any help you be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Brian

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Brian

You dont need photobucket to upload a pic to your registry. Just do your cropping and resizing and save them to your computer. Cu hosts them for you when they are uploaded to your set.

Matt
  • Options
    Matt,

Do I resize and crop on photobucket? I tried that and was able to to get a pic to the registry. Have patience with me it's my first time. By the way my brother wanted to name he son Emmitt, but had to settle for Sean Emmitt - not bad. Thanks for your help. Brian
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I use Microsoft digital image to do my photo editing.

If I were you, I would use whatever photo editing software that is installed on your computer.

Since you dont need to use photobucket you will be avoiding that unnecessary step
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about Epson but HP has it's own softward - HP photo & imaging for one.

I scan the item - crop and resize it using the "scanner program" and save it to a file - some programs will automatically create a monthly file which is saved to "MY PICTURES" in microsoft xp.

For those not familiar - when you upload a card - you place in the cert number and then on the same line is the ability to upload the pic - it has a "browse" button which will go to your files - pick the one that has the pic you saved and you're done.

mike

Mike
  • Options