Home Sports Talk
Options

Die Nationals

stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
Washington gets 4 hits in two innings and can't score a run. To the naive...that's a good sign that the Phillies will win this game. I'm lovin' it!

Comments

• Options
    Attaboy Cole - you're settled in now - Mow 'em down baby!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ATTABOY COLE! Mows down another one - I feel like I'm watching Cy Young out there!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Phillies - Boston WS - I'm feeling it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We take you in 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Okay the Phils ain't hitting but that's gonna change soon in this game. But hey I'll take a 1 - 0 Phils win, I don't care.
  • Options
    I'm watching Koufax out there in a Phillies uniform.
  • Options
    Phillies are trying too hard - need to relax out there a bit.
  • Options
    Come on Christy, I mean Cole...keep those K's coming!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    +1 to post padding thread
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Cole Hamels - what heart - might as well reserve a spot in Cooperstown for this guy right now because he'll have a plaque there some day!
  • Options
    I'm lovin' it - yea, yea, yea.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>+1 to post padding thread >>

image I was thinking the same thing!! image
  • Options
    UTLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    more - more - more
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>+1 to post padding thread >>

image I was thinking the same thing!! image >>

+3?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Okay Grover, I mean cole...do your thing baby!
  • Options
    That's Walter Johnson out there on the mound for the Phils - it 's gotta be him!
  • Options
    Gotta be Bob Feller out there.
  • Options
    Come on Phillies bats - now we need some cushion.
  • Options
    Okay, good...a nice 4 - 0 lead with just nine outs to go and we can put away these dogs and start making playoff plans.
  • Options
    I think Cole Hamels could very well be the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame while an active player. Could happen after this season...maybe after this game.
  • Options
    Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooole.
  • Options
    Ryan coming up this inning. He's due to park one.
  • Options
    I just saw Howard point to the right field stands.
  • Options

<< <i>I just saw Howard point to the right field stands. >>

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    Babe Howard did it! image
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    It's Murderer's Row out there!
  • Options
    WE WANT MORE
  • Options
    6 - zip with 6 outs to go - I'll take it.

Pets losing 7 - 4 - I'll take it.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just saw Howard point to the right field stands. >>

really?
  • Options
    Cole - Cole - Cole

Hamels - Hamels - Hamels
  • Options
    Another K for King Cole
  • Options
    Nice win for the Phillies. Hopefully the Marlins can hang on and we get get through this weekend okay and head into the playoffs. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    PS: That was a great Home Run prediction by stevek - I'm awarding myself Post Of The Day for that. LOL
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Up until this point, I've been enjoying the Mets' epic collapse. You've singlehandedly made the Phillies my least favorite contender, stevek. And I freakin' hate the Red Sox and Yankees.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until this point, I've been enjoying the Mets' epic collapse. You've singlehandedly made the Phillies my least favorite contender, stevek. And I freakin' hate the Red Sox and Yankees.

And they say NY fans are annoying!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Up until this point, I've been enjoying the Mets' epic collapse. You've singlehandedly made the Phillies my least favorite contender, stevek. And I freakin' hate the Red Sox and Yankees. >>

Good - You and Axtell root against the Phillies - that way I know the Phillies will keep winning. image
  • Options

<< <i> Up until this point, I've been enjoying the Mets' epic collapse. You've singlehandedly made the Phillies my least favorite contender, stevek. And I freakin' hate the Red Sox and Yankees.

And they say NY fans are annoying! >>

Losing fans are "lovable" - winning fans are "annoying" especially when against another's favorite team. The Phillies have been too dam "lovable" for too long - now it's time for some "annoying" fun. HA!

Of course the Phils ain't in yet, but it's looking good!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    You have to hand it to the Phillies - they just seem to want it more.

Amazing collapse by the Mets, a team I figured would be the NL World Series representative, hands down.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You have to hand it to the Phillies - they just seem to want it more.

Amazing collapse by the Mets, a team I figured would be the NL World Series representative, hands down. >>

That would be a AMAZIN collapse ..... although all is not collapsed YET.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good - You and Axtell root against the Phillies - that way I know the Phillies will keep winning. image >>

imageimageimageimageimageimage