Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Wanted : G B pennies (any large pennies) update

Thanks to a generous giveaway from Ajaan I now have to find some more large pennies for my grandsons. They went crazy over them. If anyone has any laying around (read that CHEAP) PM me please. These kids are driving me nuts now.LOL
I think we created a couple of monsters. Thank you.
Molon Labe

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If by monsters you mean young numismatists - then it's a good thing image No British coins in my collection, but I'll keep an eye out when I visit a local dealer this weekend. I seem to remember seeing a few in his 3/$1 box...
  • Options
    I would appreciate it. We dont have any dealers around here that carry darkside stuff.
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I often carry cheapo GB pennies or other large coppers as pocket pieces and wind up giving them away to kids (and sometimes locals at the bar!). Ran out a while ago, but I got my last batch from LM. I think he grabbed that bulk lot from ajaan, which should probably have quite a few in it.
  • Options
    Are you strictly looking for Great Britain? I have a couple, but I also have some Australian and South African large pennies that may be just as fun.
  • Options
    Any and all large pennies.
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    PM me your address and I wikk send you a handfull.

I recently bought 22 pounds of these and have a lot of spares.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    PM your address and I'll send you some....

Are they collecting them by date????
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Yes, how are they collecting them - and how many grandchildren? Lord knows I have quite a few extra (ie. hundreds) laying around here!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of other neat penny-sized coins too!

Some (but not all) issues, mostly late 1800s: France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain all 10c, British North Borneo 1c, Guernsey 8d, Argentina had one, etc... image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have quite a few. Mostly in lower grade. I sell them in my 3/$1 bins.

Got a wantlist of dates, or you just want "any and all"?

I will sell them for 3/$1 plus shipping.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Wish I had more than a couple of low graders for you. image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Tell me what dates you still need; I have a bunch from the 1890s and on up lying around looking for a good home.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Jester, as of right now they are trying to get 1893-1899.
    Some of the guys on here were generous enough to send care packages of pennies to the boys but we don't have any idea whats in them yet.
    I am just blown away that so many people would send perfecr strangers their excess coins just to excite a couple of kids. I hope to be in the position to do that myself real soon.

Molon Labe
  • Options
    My contribution won't be as old as those, but......

You gonna get em anyway
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    Thank all of you guys .
    I hope to be able to return the favor someday.
    The boys are pretty close to me now. They almost lost me a few months ago and didnt understand why grandpa couldnt play like before. This helps me stay close and involved with them and I cant tell you how much that means to me .
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Please PM me your address, Comic!!! Some pennies are dying to find a new home.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Just an update on my grandsons and the pennies. This weekend there is a Renaissance Faire colse to us and the boys want to go. The oldest said we could spend the duplicate pennies we have at the faire. ( I think it would be a hoot ). Can't you see a couple of kids trying to buy 16th century crafts with 18th century coppers. The faire is reliving 1542 (I think) Scotland. Mary of Scots is supposed to be there. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Molon Labe