Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

ANACS 1896-s Barber Quarter

Fellow collector got this from father-in-law (who owned local restaurants).
Nice details VF30, but coin has been cleaned (not as easy to see with the naked eye but it is there. ) Also a scratch on the rev on the eagle's wing.

Anacs graded it a couple of weeks ago as VF30 details. Cleaned/Scratched.

I have it in my possession for the collector and he has asked me to find out if anyone is interested here before going to ebay or putting it away.

I would say this is a great one for a Dansco as the deatils and overall look are great. It was too bad that someone took a cloth or something on it. It has started to retone and has that metal grey look.

Again, if interested, let me know. I will be taking pictures of the coin in the slab now that it is back if folks are interested. Let me know the price point you are interested as well. I think he may be a little flexible but he did state that if it was too far off, he would just toss it back in the safe and wait another year or longer (he isn't hurting for funds in other words).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TTT

Been gone on business out of the country but back now if anyone is still interested. Some were interested but the funds aren't there right now.
    Quite possibly going to hit ebay with this. Likely to look for $2000+. If interested, contact me to see if there can be a deal.

• Options
    TTT as I will be taking it to ebay later this week by the looks of it (forgot about the thing while i have been sick) and likely with a starting price of $2000

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Hope it goes for strong money. Good luck.

TTT this thread when its on line.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Sure thing.
    Just tossed it up tonight.
    First time trying turbolister so I hope it is up there the right way image

Listed for $2000 with a $2200 BIN. If it goes, it goes. If not, it sits for awhile, gets relisted the same, and either sells or gets put away for awhile (this is what the owner has told me he wants to do).

• Options

Not up yet...

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

Its up now.

Great pictures.

Best of luck.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    $20 to ship a $450 coin, bochiman that is a bit absurd.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options

<< <i>$20 to ship a $450 coin, bochiman that is a bit absurd. >>

Don't worry. You were already blocked and don't have to worry about bidding/winning it image

And, you do realize you aren't talking about the coin in this thread, unless you are referring to the $2000 starting and $2200 BIN as a "$450 coin" in which case, go buy all the key 1896-s barber quarters, with this type of detail, even if cleaned/scratched, for that money. You will make a mint if you do.

Too bad you don't have enough intelligence to realize something simple like that.

Nice that you are trying to carry through on your PM threat to me to interfere with my auctions/coins for sale.