October baseball won’t be at Shea.

Mota…Sosa…,
Every game is now in doubt.
Can anyone who’s on this staff,
Get three men out? image

god must not be a mets fan !!

Comments

• Options
    "New York led by seven games, with 17 to play, after beating Atlanta on Sept. 12. No major league team has failed to finish first after having at least a seven-game advantage with 17 remaining."

Text
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Beat the mets, beat the Mets,
    Last place teams defeat the Mets.
    Hanging sliders, minor-league speed,
    Guaranteed to waste a seven run lead.

Because the Met bullpen keeps fading away,

Mota…Sosa…,
    Get three men out? image

god must not be a mets fan !! >>

Post Of The Day.
  • Options
    Kuhlmann - but you forgot one important thing...

.....the music

Beat the mets, beat the Mets,
    Last place teams defeat the Mets.
    Hanging sliders, minor-league speed,
    Guaranteed to waste a seven run lead.

Because the Met bullpen keeps fading away,

Mota…Sosa…,
    Get three men out?

• Options
    The Mets are going to lose their lead but will miraculously rally over the weekend to make the playoffs.

Just a hunch image
  • Options
    This could be the best weekend for Philadelphia baseball in a very long time.

Go Phils!!!!!!
  • Options
    This is one of the most trying times I've gone through as a Met fan. It will become tremendously worse, however, if the Phillies and Yankees wind up in the series. I wish there was a way both teams could lose. Anyway, I'll keep hoping for a miracle as long as the Mets have not been mathematically eliminated..
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Mets losing score posts on the board at C. Bank Park in Philly.

Brett Myers first pitch?

A friggin' homer to Francouer. Cuts the lead to two.

Please let there be a God on Broad Street tonight.
  • Options
    NL East is tied up.

Let's play some ball.
  • Options
    Wow, what a total and epic collapse by the Mets, and the Phils playing great ball.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mets have been sleepwalking for a month at least...no fire, no passion, no sense of urgency...at this point, they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Wow, what a total and epic collapse by the Mets

please save this sh$t for sunday..

why does willie let lo puca lead off the 8th? one thing good come from all this is willie will be gone. send him to the yanks again.

hire hernandez or carter. or bring back bobby v!

if phils make it i dont care. ill be happy for them they deserve it. i just happy braves are toast again!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Am I going to have to dig up the post where I predicted that Utley/Howard and Burrell would split the NL MVP award three
    ways? I mean, did I call that one or not? Three guys have career years!

JS
  • Options
    jeez

js aka kevin.. how could you leave rollins out of that? you sure you like the phillies or you really a devil rays fan?
  • Options
    I wish there was a nucleus of young players to build on - but they went for broke and we have a bunch of senior citizens on this team. Sure, we have Wright and Beltran but not much beyond that. What happened to Reyes anyway? He started out so great and then just hit a wall. When this season is over, I say let's start rebuilding.

• Options
    <<When this season is over, I say let's start rebuilding>>

Yeah, boys take a page from the Yankees' rebuilding process. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i><<When this season is over, I say let's start rebuilding>>

Yeah, boys take a page from the Yankees' rebuilding process. image >>

What, up their payroll to $200 million and then give an over the hill pitcher $28 million for 12 decisions?

Sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    jeez jersey come on man...

wright reyes gomez milledge pelfrey humber. perez beltran maine are all young. and proved they can play.

gotta bring back alou no matter the cost. that guy just flat out mashes the ball. green goodbye.. lo duca i hope you sign with the braves or phils bc you are a dp machine.

mets will be fine. plus i still think they will be in the playoffs this year.

offseason johan santana will be a met. add to that a full healthy year of pedro. plus main and ollie. no need to rebuild.

only need is to FIRE THE DUMB MANAGER!!
  • Options
    Kuhl - I'm still rooting them on. It's still very possible to right the ship and to keep the season going. But as far as the future, I still want the team to stop adding older players and to develop their younger players instead.

• Options
    Last weekend of the season and not a single NL team has a playoff spot wrapped up yet. Amazing!
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Last weekend of the season and not a single NL team has a playoff spot wrapped up yet. Amazing! >>

I've been totally mind-bent by this. Not a single team knows here on Friday morning if they'll be in the playoffs, while the AL was wrapped up long ago. Not 100% surprising, since even the best NL teams this year have struggled at times. No overwhelming powerhouse like the 1970's Pirates or Reds.
  • Options
    Hang in there Mets fans! Somehow I think that you're going to pull it out, but it's going to be a queasy weekend no matter how you slice it.