Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's the best way to break up a registry set?

I had been working on a Reggie Jackson Master set, but have decided to move onto different things as the set kept growing larger and larger. I have about 44 in the set as of now (I'm #6 on the registry list - Reggie!Reggie!Reggie!)

Do you think it's better to sell it as one big lot, or to break up into singles? Or even sell as singles, but just put them in my Ebay store? I'd usually say breaking it up is the way to go, but I don't want to start a lot of singles at .99 and have them sell for that.

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance - Andrew

Comments

• Options
    I've found that selling in lots will never bring the best prices. Break them up, or at least sell the very best cards individually.
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options

<< <i>What's the best way to break up a registry set? >>

You may want to run it one time as 1 big lot, describe as the #6 Reggie set. Put a starting bid or reserve at the price you would be comfortable letting this set go at and see what happens on Ebay.

If you don't get any takers, then I would list out as individual cards, maybe group a few of the 80's cards into a lot.

• Options
    bifff257:

Good Advice.
  • Options
    I agree selling the set advertised as #6 on the PSA Registry is the way to go if you are not breaking it up into singles.
  • Options
    I suggest a spam e-mail to the other collectors in the PSA registry. There are quite a few out there that would probably be interested in the cards in chunks if not the whole lot. I've gotten a few e-mails like that over the years and have picked up some good cards that way at prices I thought were reasonable.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    Depends on how many cards are in the full set? You have 44 and how many is the complete set? If you have near the complete set, i'd say well over 50% then you should sell it all together and state #6 in the Registry but if your nowhere close to 50% and your more like 20% or 30% than just sell them one by one and don't put them for auction. You should list them in your store with a good price and offer people do make you an offer so if you want lets say $100 for a card list it in store for like $145 with best offer option. Then maybe you'll get like $125 or $115 and that would help you out with your fees. Hope that helpedimage