Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Halloween Coin Swap pairings set. Happy Halloween all.

13»

Comments

• Options
    30anvz28 William,

I hope you're home again, and all is well. I also hope you're off for the holiday, and can come give me an update.

I am most interested to learn how you liked the coins I sent. One I found special, and hope you will too. If you find more than one to be special,,, image

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    Boy I hope William can get a break, some time this month. Didn't seem to get one for Thanksgiving.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    I am still in shock....I am the proud owner now of one of the most beautiful '84CC morgans that has Stoner's and Boom's fingerprints on the slab!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Well ... don't forget the Reverse Earl.

image Man, that's a pretty CC. Glad you like it. image

BTW - this is posted to the wrong swap. image
  • Options
    A post to the swappers,

I want to say I haven't received anything from 30anvz28 yet. He hasn't signed on since 11/18. image

As much as I want an update from William, I hold NO ONE else responsable for ending this swap.(making me whole)

Being busy is one thing, but how long does it take to post an update?image After all if you were going to be this busy. You should have canceled out.

A swap and a half later and not even a post?? COME ON NOW!!!

Paul

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    he did that to me once in his first swap

He was in japan at the time

He said he mailed 1st package and was "lost in the mail"

But he did send some other coins to me

so everything was ok with me

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Is he in the millitary?

If he is, I'll cut him all the slack he needs.

• Options
    Well, let's all remember for a few minutes that sometimes bad things happen TO people or occur in their lives, suddenly and without warning!

I've had my share of lumps, bumps, scrapes and bigtime bruises. We ALL have!

Sometimes seemingly normal, intelligent persons DO crazy things!

Within the past few seconds I literally had at least 6 different people I've known personally, flash through my mind and my subconscious eye.

If William is still with us and switched hid ID over a few measley coins, I would be surprised. There is NO sense to it.

I'll try contacting him again soon. Paul, in the meantime, I will stand good for William and whatever he owes you.

Drop me a line when you have time and William, if you should read this, I certainly want you to know that I believe in you.
  • Options
    Boom Budy,

Although I understand you think it's up to you as "Swap Originator" to make up for a poor or lost swapper. I DON'T, in this case anyway. You know I am a patient man, and am willing to wait. I don't know if William KNEW he would be missing before joining the swap or not. If he did, he should have just said "I'm sorry but can't take part right now". As I did when my brother went into the hospital. If you didn't have another partner for me. I would wait for the next swap. NO PROBLEM. I have told you before, I hate the telephone so I haven't called William. If you do again, please don't do it at 2:00 AM image
    It's not as if I sent $100s worth of coins (face value). image

I just hope he is OK, and will get this taken care of when he's home again.

Paul

• Options
    Hey Swappers,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU.

Boom has sent, is sending me some things that have nothing to do with this old swap. But for the record, I am more than whole. and now concider this swap old news.

• Options
    First, I want to appologize to all involved here publicially (sp?).

There is no excuse for what has happened, and dispite what did happen with me, I could have made a better attempt to get to a computer. When I was thinking about it, I wasnt around a computer, and when I was at a computer, I wasnt thinking about it (which was not often.).

I will not publicially state what happened, because those are details that I do not wish for some to know about me. I have however pmed Boom and LonelyP, with the exact explination, because they deserve it, plain and simple.

I had a family issue, and left here in a haste, with the package sitting on my desk, that never got mailed.

Again, I have not changed names, I am not hiding from a single soul, I am here, I am back, and I will make it right. I dont run from problems... because I learned a few years back... that only makes them worse.

Again, to Boom and Lonelyp, I appologize sincerely for the mistakes I made in the lack of communication, there were a couple things I could have done to prevent them, however in my state of mind I was not thinking clearly.

To the rest of you, I appologize for this. This is not the type of person I am, and this is not how tags and swaps should go... plain and simple. I ****ed up, Im here to make good.

William
  • Options
    As far as calling me at 2am... my phone is always on... period... there is never any reason not to call... reguardless of the time.
  • Options
    William,

It's good to see you again. Family problems take priority over coin collecting. I hope things are better for you and yours in the new year.

Paul

PS.

By the way, have you had the chance to check out what I sent you?
    And how do you like them?

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    To the rest of you, I appologize for this. This is not the type of person I am, and this is not how tags and swaps should go... plain and simple.

William, you may not see yourself 'that way', but I do.

You flaked on my TAG, you mailed items to yourself with BOTH Musky & Paul, only to disappear for a month then reappear!

What about your replay a month ago......"I remailed the package (the one I mailed to myself by mistake) on Nov 1st. On or around Nov 8th, (I would have to look) ".
    I guess that was a lie.

What's that saying, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice....", this looks like at least the 3rd time you've pulled this.

This is not an opinion, just the facts.
  • Options

<< <i>30anvz28 William,

I hope you're home again, and all is well. I also hope you're off for the holiday, and can come give me an update.

I am most interested to learn how you liked the coins I sent. One I found special, and hope you will too. If you find more than one to be special,,, image

Paul >>

I posted the above on Nov, 22.

I am most interested to learn how you liked the coins I sent. One I found special, and hope you will too.

AND I STILL WANT TO KNOW???????????????????????????????

I thought I did a pretty good job. But you haven't told me anything.

I think you owe me that much, come on guy. gimme some feedback.

Paul

• Options

<< <i>To the rest of you, I appologize for this. This is not the type of person I am, and this is not how tags and swaps should go... plain and simple.

William, you may not see yourself 'that way', but I do.

You flaked on my TAG, you mailed items to yourself with BOTH Musky & Paul, only to disappear for a month then reappear!

What about your replay a month ago......"I remailed the package (the one I mailed to myself by mistake) on Nov 1st. On or around Nov 8th, (I would have to look) ".
    I guess that was a lie.

What's that saying, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice....", this looks like at least the 3rd time you've pulled this.

This is not an opinion, just the facts. >>

Aija, I mailed one, the one I mailed to myself, a second time, I have not had a chance to chase it down, as I have only been home a couple days. However that is none of your concern, or business. As far as musky, I was in Japan, when I mailed it, deployed with the Marines, I have no control over what happened with that one buddy.

This thread is no ****ing concern to yourself. You have no business in here, and as far as I, and a few others are concerned, you sir, are not welcome on these boards. Not an opinion, just the facts. I have numerous pm's from many people from our last run in supporting me against you for being a f**ktard. Afterall, you were the one singling me out when other people had the exact same problems, yet you tried to run me up the flagpole... which doesnt happen with me. Its not my fault you were singling me out for the exact same thing that happened with one other well trusted and respected member, and you wouldnt respond to my statement when I called you out on the timeline.

Its keyboard junkies like you that make people like me hate the internet, and if you had half the balls to come say the sh*t to my face I would beat the everliving shi* out of you for being a complete retard. Copy this and send it to your attorney you desk jockey, I dont give a damn. S**t, why dont you call the police on me again? I gave you the number the last time... since you didnt have the testicular fortitude to call me instead... would you like it again?

As I mentioned before, I have nothing to hide, and even if I did, I sure as hell wouldnt be on a coin forum ripping people off for $100 coins... let alone taking the time to defend myself against morons like you.... I dont even know why im sitting here wasting my time with you... it sure as hell isnt worth taking the 30 seconds in my life to read your post... let alone acknowledge it.

You owe me 5 minutes of my life back aija.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>30anvz28 William,

Paul >>

I posted the above on Nov, 22.

I am most interested to learn how you liked the coins I sent. One I found special, and hope you will too.

AND I STILL WANT TO KNOW???????????????????????????????

I thought I did a pretty good job. But you haven't told me anything.

I think you owe me that much, come on guy. gimme some feedback.

Paul >>

I owe you more then that... your package will be going out tomorrow.

As far as the coins you sent... Initially, I thought to myself... not much variety... but then I thought about what I picked out, and the guidelines ($3 face vaule, $50-$100 value) and realized that I was in the exact same area as you... and that just seeing all those coins, was what threw me off... I think for future swaps, a face value idea like this, should have a higher swap value, to allow for more variety. Again, this was not a disapointment... just an initial oversight of the guidelines, and I know that I was in the same range in what I sent you, so I feel it was more then fair.

Now, as far as what you sent me, I was impressed. Recently, I have been going after proofs, and I dont know why. I think its because I have a much easier time telling what I am getting, and not picking up problem coins, because I am still no good at detecting cleaning, whizzed, ect.

I was much impressed with the variety of different coins, as you covered a lot of ground between proof, unc, and had a good mix between the denominations... which is also what I didnt see when I did the quick glance for my "initial" thoughts.

As far as the one you found special, as long as it isnt something off the wall (i.e., your birthday, one a friend gave you, ect) I think I have it narrowed down to one of a few. I also sent you one that I found special. Yes, it is a problem coin... one that I have been told I could sell for $50-$75, however one that I spent much, much, more on, thinking I had found a "deal". I added it to give some variety to the mix. That package will ship out tomorrow (if they are open, which I think they are).

Overall I was extremly pleased. I think you did a bit better at variety then me, because you had the proofs to cover it, however for future face value swaps, the actual tag value, should be raised, to allow for a better mixture overall, because I was finding it very difficult to not give repeats, and stay within the limits as much as possible... with the type of collection I had. I will leave that up for you to decide however...
  • Options
    William,

Where did I not repond to you?
    For those that care, or don't know here is a link to my TAG.
    The episode with William starts on page 5.....my response to you is on page 6
    TAG

And as far as "This thread is no ****ing concern to yourself. You have no business in here, and as far as I, and a few others are concerned, you sir, are not welcome on these boards."
    Boom has declared these swaps and their participants as part of a 'club'.
    As a member of that club I feel I have as much right as anyone else to comment and concern myself with what happens to other members in this club.
    You have shown time & time again that communication is not an important part of taking part in TAGs & Swaps.
    This is the only point I am making.
    That was the only point I was making when you flaked out in my Tag....and you did it again here.

You still haven't answered what happened to the package you sent out on Nov 1st, " I remailed the package (the one I mailed to myself by mistake) on Nov 1st. "
  • Options
    I said I dont know what happened to it retard. I just got back 2 days ago, and a $75 package is of little concern to myself right now. Again, I am wasting my time with you, and I am done.
  • Options
    OK, Ill let the cat out of the bag,

The coin I'm talking about is the 1916-P Merc. Maybe the only reason I find it special is that this is one of my "focuss" series. And I wouldn't expect to find an FSB Merc in a swap package with our guidlines. Like finding KEY dates, possible, yes. Expected, NO. image

This is the only coin in the mix, I would assign a value to, other than face/melt. Since I had just bought it off ebay. And I'm not that good at assigning values. Confident in my grading skills. Or ability in detecting problem coins either. image

I agree $3.00 Face was a bit low, as I got there without any nickels. And I wanted to have a few Buffs and war nickels in the mix.

I'm glad you liked my package. And I'm looking foward to yours comming in.

Paul

PS.
    I think I may have sent you a Washingtin Quarter that Boom sent me. This could have more value than I know. If I did, you could ask Boom about it.

HAPPY NEWYEAR!!!

• Options
    William,

Whats going on? you said you would mail a package on 12/31, but you never posted any DC #s. I have yet to recieve anything.

Paul

• Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I do not know what is going on with 30AnvZ28. I do not want to know who is at fault for anything, but just from your down right rude post towards Aija and overall rude attitude I will no longer be involved in these swaps with 30AnvZ28.

It is too bad that something so simple has to turn into what this thread is showing.

Bstat
  • Options
    William, Officially, you last visited as shown here.

Last Visited On: January 1st, 2008 10:20 PM

I've been a good listener and even stated that I would stand good for you .... but look at the date of your last post.

Now look at when you last oficially visited. Now - look at Today's date.

Now .... tell ME - what's so hard about a simple swap and why is this REALLY taking so long?

I don't like seeing anyone hurt - not Paul and not you.

Let's take care of business straightaway _TODAY, please.

Let's get this done and finished business, OK!

Thank you.
  • Options
    Forget it Boom.
    I had hopes when he came back, but now I give up.

Paul

• Options
    I would REALLY appreciate some input and CLOSURE to this! WILLIAM, WHAT GIVES HERE??
  • Options

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    He may have been called out of town again. With the problems he told me of, when he came back before. I feel bad for the guy, and can't be image at him.
    But as far as the swap goes: I give up on him. image

Paul

• Options
    Billy, if you're still around, please don't read, I'd hate to owe you any more of your time. image
    On the other hand, if you are around & this rattles your cage enough to respond, that's OK too.

Since Nov. 13th (73 days ao) this thread has basically revolved around the package that has not been delivered to Paul.

By all accounts Paul is a 'giver' and has a very big heart, thanks for sticking around. image

Boom, although you have 'slapped' Billy's hand, I feel like bigtime36 (Jim) got a bigger tongue lashing for his participation.
    His 'crime' was that he didn't have much to trade & you traded not expecting much in return & his second swap
    Texast, with his big heart decided to make the 'swap' a 'gift'.
    As far as I understand it, bigtime36 NEVER failed to come through with promises made, and could not be accused of keeping coins that are technically not his.

Oh Billy, you could have proven me wrong (to a very small extent), stopped this thread, and we all could have moved on, but you seem intent on showing your true colors.

We can all make excuses, for ourselves & for Billy, and using the 'I've been busy' is justifiable if it means the package had to be shipped on Saturday instead of the weekday promised. But to say I haven't had time to mail a package in 73 days?
    If this was a sale instead of a Swap, if this thread was in the BST forum or USCoin forum, Billy, you would have been flamed (or worse) long ago.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    30AnvZ28's pattern has been to reappear about once a month, so maybe he will reappear, and I now feel compelled to participate in this discussion with the goal of helping a good board member recover his coins, or just payment for them.

If Cpl. Bennett is soooooooooo busy to mail a package, or if he has misplaced the package, or cannot get to the package, he should just write a check for the fair value of the coins he has and mail it off. Or, he can simply mail back the coins that he has in his possession that are NOT his property. I'm sure he has to mail his bills, so it's really not an extra trip to the mailbox. The postman will even pick up you letters at your door. Comon, it's a mere 41 cents to mail off a check.

So lets call this drivel what it is - a bunch of lame excuses for not returing someone else's property. Cpl Bennett was so upset with me when I declined him for the Classics tag due to his demeanor towards me, that he did a giveaway of an 81-S dollar as a farewell gesture because he implied that I called him dishonest. Well, it looks like now is showing his honesty.

I am not in the military, but the dictionary defines "semper fidelis" as "always faithful". Cpl Bennett has stated that he is a Marine, and while I cannot speak for this fine institution, it certainly does not seem to be a reflection of the Marine Corps values as I, and most civilians, understand them. After all, the name calling, threats of physical violence, and the use of offensive (and to me, unacceptable) terms such as "retard" when called to task, instead of standing up and doing the right thing are just NOT true to being "always faithful".

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    <<I just got back 2 days ago, and a $75 package is of little concern to myself right now. >>

Is that the 'ME' mentality at work?
    Sometimes you have to look at the whole picture.

Heck, if you go online & create a Priority shipping label you can even ask the P.O. to come & pick the package up at your house!

Or to claychasers point, just write a check out for $75, send it off so Paul can buy something nice for himself.
  • Options
    Believe me I'm sorry to bring this thread ttt again but...

I feel maybe I should explain something, to William, and the group.
    We did this as a face value swap $3.00 face value $50-100 numis. value, was the limits we set.

When I was setting up my coins, I got to $3 without any nickels or pennies. so I went a bit over, I think the total face value was $3.74.

Now I didn't take my red book and look up each coin, assign a grade to it, and mark down what the red book said it was worth. To find out what the total "REAL" value would be. I CAN say there was NO 16-D Merc, or 09-S VDB cent. I could figure melt value of $1 silver halfs, $1 silver quarters, +$1 silver dimes, Nickels went from newer proof jeffs to full date V nickels, never mind the pennies.

Some have said "write him a $75.00 check. GOOD IDEA, but I think after all this waiting it should be a $175.00 check.

Again I'm sorry to bring this back.

Paul

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Quoted from 30AnvZ28's post on December 30, 2007, NOT 2008. The language is his:

<< <i>I said I dont know what happened to it retard. I just got back 2 days ago, and a $75 package is of little concern to myself right now. Again, I am wasting my time with you, and I am done. >>

425 Days since the above response to the question as to the whereabouts of the coins he took.

"Semper fi", CPL Bennett? Does this not mean "always faithful"?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    It's really sad that this has happened and the measures I'm considering taking - well, let's just say that I've

tried to give William a chance but it's starting to look like I may have to file a police report. That's pitiful!
  • Options
    IF William has bee here, he is either lurking or using an alternate ID as shown when clicking on his profile.

First Name: William

Last Name: Bennett

Nickname: 30AnvZ28

City: Grove City

Province/State: Ohio

Message Posts: 1402

Last Visited On: February 15th, 2009 10:29 AM

Average Posts Per Day: 1.08

As such, assuming he is lurking, I will call him (and I hope you read this William)
    before the openly declared designated deadline.

In the event I cannot reach you, William or that you fail to post ONLINE TRACEABILITY
    that you have in fact mailed Paul what is due him (either coins or funds), I'm afraid you
    will leave me little aternative but to do that which I will be forced to do.

The clock IS running and I sincerely hope you attend to this.

Ask yourself if not dealing with this is worth the inevitable repercussions.

Be a man and put an end to this.

Regards,

BOOM ~
  • Options

<< <i>Average Posts Per Day: 1.08 >>

I'm here all the time and have 0.94 average posts per day?????????(granted I don't post every time)

Does that make any sense??? Or does that mean he DOES have an alt ID????

• Options
    I said I dont know what happened to it retard.......

Doesn't that say it all?

• Options
    Calling a MAN that BELIEVED in a so-called US. Marine Lieutenant (somehow I just can't believe YOU were EVEN IN the Marines, let alone a Lieutenant, Sir!) .... a "retard", yet has done NO WRONG (BUT FOR BELIEVING IN YOU) IS NOT how a US Marine would conduct himself .... as every Marine I have EVER KNOWN has been a man of Honor!

You have disgraced yourself over a miserable few coins. Given EVERY CHANCE to do the honorable thing, you BLEW IT!

There IS NO GOOD REASON for such mis-conduct.

IF - and I stress the word IF, you were a Marine, you have disgraced the Corps!

Having given you EVERY BENEFIT of doubt it has become abundantly clear Whom, in your words, is THE RETARD here!

The talking is over and done with. I STRONGLY encourage you, one final time, to do what is right or you WILL face the repercussions as the wheels are in motion and one way or another, you ARE GOING TO PAY - & THAT's A PROMISE!