Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who arethe most reliable COA's for Autographed Bats

I am putting together a collection of these and want to make sure I get "real stuff". Who do you suggest are the best comapny COA's?

Comments

• Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Spence (JSA) and PSA/DNA are at the moment going to give you the most bank for your buck when you try to sell (at least for now).

PSA has recently hired a couple of autograph authenticators with "less than stellar" reputations which give me pause, and JSA is getting big enough to where James Spence himself no longer reviews everything sent it and I'm seeing more and more dubious sigs with both companies stamp of approval.

The authentication business is becoming a "who you know" kind of deal where big money trumps integrity.
  • Options
    thanks for the advise....just as i thought. If anyone else has had luck with other companies, please chime in....
  • Options
    Not complete, but a solid starter list of bigger companies (not necessarily for bats but in general):
    Steiner Sports
    Mounted Memories
    Schwartz Sports
    TriStar
    Upper Deck
    SuperStar Greetings
  • Options
    I just sold a ton of autographed bats on eBay. These were from my personal collection. Most of them were PSA/DNA or TriStar. I prefer TriStar, because they are local to me (Houston). For autographs, I like the Louisville Slugger Hillerich & Bradsby bats as opposed the the Rawlings Big Stick bats (or any others). I bought several years ago, but can't seem to find them any more and I'm not sure they still make them. I still have a Ernie Banks bat left that wasn't paid for if you're interested. I just re-listed it a few days ago.

Banks Bat