Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Has anyone dealt with or heard about these guys ?

These guys ?

Any info would be appreciated.
The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Never heard of them but then I've never heard of "The Elusive Spondulix" either.

As for a free Blackbook of Coins, I can't think of any reference I would like less...image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    I've seen them at shows, but I've never done any business with them.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    I purchased some Irish coins from them about 4-5 years ago (an estimate)....... No problems so far as I can recall.....
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I've heard of them, and I cannot remember for sure, but I believe I also bought Irish coins from them, when I was actively pursuing the Dansco Irish predecimal set.

The name really stands out, doesn't it?

They're just fine, as best as I can recall.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've known Tom for 25+ years. Never hear of anyone having a problem with him.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Never heard of them but then I've never heard of "The Elusive Spondulix" either.

As for a free Blackbook of Coins, I can't think of any reference I would like less...image >>

I agree on all points.

I can't understand how the "Blackbook" has remained in print all these years unless it is a tax write-off. I can't think of anyone who uses it for anything.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Spondulix"? A bit of artistic license in the name, but have not ordered or dealt with them before.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    The guy is an absolute class act. I've had extensive dealings with him, and all went exactly as they were supposed to go. The coins were as described. The one time he made a mistake he made good with no hassle. Give the guy a triple A

Enjoy!

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    Many thanks for all your replies.

Unfortunately for Tom NEN snagged me again. image
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay