Home Sports Talk
Options

Saints dropped a double Deuce last night

Man, not only did they play like $hit again, but Deuce is now out for the season. Brees has already pitched 7 picks and dumped 2 fumbles in 3 games. Bush has shown none of the explosive capability he did last year. Their defense is BAD. Now Deuce is out. Wow, a long season just got longer for them.

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Guess we can finally find out if Bush can be an every down back and live up to his Contract.

In my opinion, Bush is an overpaid Eric Metcalf. A 3rd down back with good hands.. Nothing more, nothing less.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Guess we can finally find out if Bush can be an every down back and live up to his Contract.

In my opinion, Bush is an overpaid Eric Metcalf. A 3rd down back with good hands.. Nothing more, nothing less. >>

Well so far he's averaging less than 3 yards a carry and less than 5 a catch. Not very promising numbers when compared to last year. They were actually saying that Stecker may be the starter. If that's the case, that probably speaks volumes about Bush and his ability to carry a team.
  • Options
    Heh the jealousy that stown exudes for a back like Bush is unbelievable.

Dude, let it go!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Guess we can finally find out if Bush can be an every down back and live up to his Contract.

In my opinion, Bush is an overpaid Eric Metcalf. A 3rd down back with good hands.. Nothing more, nothing less. >>

Well so far he's averaging less than 3 yards a carry and less than 5 a catch. Not very promising numbers when compared to last year. They were actually saying that Stecker may be the starter. If that's the case, that probably speaks volumes about Bush and his ability to carry a team. >>

Bill Parcells just said that if he had the #1 pick last year, even in hindsight, he would have taken Mario without a doubt.

But I guess some people here know more than a HOF coach.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Heh the jealousy that stown exudes for a back like Bush is unbelievable.

Dude, let it go! >>

There's plenty of other media members saying the same thing that stown is. Fans as well. No reason for these people to be jealous of a player with numbers below league average.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Bill Parcells just said that if he had the #1 pick last year, even in hindsight, he would have taken Mario without a doubt.

But I guess some people here know more than a HOF coach. >>

Pretty easy to look after the fact and say 'we should have picked this guy!'

Nobody had Mario picked ahead of Bush on any of their draft boards.

edit: nobody that is, except the houston texans, and they have a long track record of success.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

But I guess some people here know more than a HOF coach. >>

Pretty easy to look after the fact and say 'we should have picked this guy!'

Nobody had Mario picked ahead of Bush on any of their draft boards.

edit: nobody that is, except the houston texans, and they have a long track record of success. >>

At this point, it's too early to speculate whether the Texans got the best of it or not. Bush had some pretty good production last year, but that was with him mainly being used as a decoy while Deuce was the focal point running out of the backfield. Without Deuce, Bush will be getting more plays for him now but teams will be focused even more on stopping him. I think Bush can be an exciting guy to watch, but didn't see any reason to think he was much different than other guys coming out of college. He was simply touted by the media to be the greatest thing since edible panties. So far we've seem nothing new from him. Doesn't mean he can't turn into something pretty special, but probably nothing better than we've already seen before.
  • Options

<< <i>Nobody had Mario picked ahead of Bush on any of their draft boards. >>

So when Parcells said he did have Mario on top, he was lying? He said yesterday (paraphrased) "We has Mario at number one."

So either you are FOS, as always, or you are calling Bill Parcells, a HOF coach and 2x Super Bowl winner, a liar.

<< <i>and they have a long track record of success. >>

Said the bandwagon fan of a team who have a NFL record 14 consecutive losing seasons.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Saints had no confidence in Duece anyways. They kept giving the ball to Reggie and were happy with fumbles and dropped
    passes! Now the Saints realize what it means to play in the NFC South. That window closed quick! Bucs and Panthers will be
    smelling blood in the water!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>
    So when Parcells said he did have Mario on top, he was lying? He said yesterday (paraphrased) "We has Mario at number one."
    >>

Link, reference? Or are you making stuff up again? Either way, it's convenient of him to say after the fact this...

<< <i>So either you are FOS, as always, or you are calling Bill Parcells, a HOF coach and 2x Super Bowl winner, a liar. >>

Yeah, I'll call him out for exaggerating and trying to make himself look better than he already does.

<< <i>Said the bandwagon fan of a team who have a NFL record 14 consecutive losing seasons. >>

So said the fan of the team who, in a parity league, still can't manage to get to .500, let alone a SUPER BOWL WIN.

Clown, this is too easy.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In my opinion, Reggie Bush will never garner one All-Pro selection in his entire career. Also, I think he is literally THE most overhyped football EVER to come out of college. Of course, I said all this already a year ago. >>

Brian Bosworth image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>In my opinion, Reggie Bush will never garner one All-Pro selection in his entire career. Also, I think he is literally THE most overhyped football EVER to come out of college. Of course, I said all this already a year ago. >>

Come on, really?

More so than Ryan Leaf?
    More so than the countless other 'can't miss' stud QBs to come out and fall flat on their faces?

I sense an agenda at work.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes. Ryan Leaf was no where near that hyped as Bush. In fact, I'm not sure that I ever seen any football come out that hyped. A couple that have come close, just off the top of my head, would be Peyton and Elway. No problems with either of those guys. >>

Then you obviously haven't been watching college football long.

• Options

<< <i>Yes. Ryan Leaf was no where near that hyped as Bush. In fact, I'm not sure that I ever seen any football come out that hyped. A couple that have come close, just off the top of my head, would be Peyton and Elway. No problems with either of those guys. >>

Brian Bosworth image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>Bosworth was certainly hyped and a huge letdown. Probably will be a bigger letdown than Bush. But I don't think he was that hyped. I didn't hear every single analyst saying this is a "once in a generation player". With Bosworth, the highest compliment, and many made it, was that he was the best linebacker of his generation. Just being a defense player sort of subdues the extent of hype IMO. >>

Bosworth was hyped past the moon. How else does that land a lucrative movie and commercial career? Anyway, not saying Bush will hit the "lofty" satus of big time busts like the Boz ....... BUT ...... considering the hype he came with Bush is a major disappointment.

• Options
    Come on, he was drafted #2 overall, he had the mohawk, supposedly gong to reinvent the game, and was on every magazine cover there was.

What about Tony Mandarich?

• Options

<< <i>Come on, he was drafted #2 overall, he had the mohawk, supposedly gong to reinvent the game, and was on every magazine cover there was.

What about Tony Mandarich? >>

you mean Todd Marinovich? yeah him too .... blame his BAD FATHER for that mess. That is a well known tragic story.

• Options
    Oops yeah always get his name wrong...he was going to be the second coming, was hyped to hell and was a complete mess.
  • Options
    Not quite sure you can call a guy with less than 2 years in the league 'overhyped'.

• Options
    Yes, because obviously the potential is there....but to call him overhyped and essentially a failure is pure folly.

Meanwhile you're willing to call Westbrook a top 3 back...even though he's proven he can't be an every down type of back.

This is pointless...call Bush overhyped, whatever you want to make yourself feel better.
  • Options
    He'll never live up to the hype?

A lot of projecting about a guy who's played less than 1 1/2 seasons, don't you think?
  • Options
    There's no use in debating you...you have an agenda with Bush for some reason or another, and honestly, I don't care. All I need to know about your football 'knowledge' is you stating you'd pick Brian Westbrook #1 overall if you had your choice of any RB in the league to start a team with today.

That is all.

Goodnight!
  • Options

<< <i>Link, reference? Or are you making stuff up again? Either way, it's convenient of him to say after the fact this..

Yeah, I'll call him out for exaggerating and trying to make himself look better than he already does. >>

You aren't calling him out for exaggerating, you are calling Bill Parcells a liar.

Link

So you know more than a 2x SB winning, HOF coach, huh?

Dope.

<< <i>So said the fan of the team who, in a parity league, still can't manage to get to .500, let alone a SUPER BOWL WIN. >>

Hey idiot, we are 2-1. I know math isn't your strong suit but that means we are OVER .500.

And finally, you were saying Bush will be the greatest back in this generation. Now, you don't want to speculate?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pathetic spinning, ya dope!

Edited to add:

"Bush will be better than those guys (LT, LJ, Emmitt, Edge, Faulk, etc)"

And it gets better:

"bush is a once in a generation type player"

From link ^

"he will be better than the current crop of superstar running backs, he is that good."

"Yes, he will be a once in a generation type back"

"I'd lump Alexander, lt, Tiki, maybe even as far back as Faulk of this generation. Throw in Edge too...trying to think if there's anymore from what I'd consider 'this' generation. He'll be better than all of them, he has that much talent."

"Faulk has been around a while...hey, you know he played football for a team before the Rams, right?

Emmitt Smith, sure, a great runner and the all time rushing leader, but are you going to say he's the best RB of this era? I wouldn't.

I think bush is going to go down as a better RB than any of this generation's backs."

Spin away, dope image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Link, reference? Or are you making stuff up again? Either way, it's convenient of him to say after the fact this..

Yeah, I'll call him out for exaggerating and trying to make himself look better than he already does. >>

You aren't calling him out for exaggerating, you are calling Bill Parcells a liar.

Link

So you know more than a 2x SB winning, HOF coach, huh?

Dope.

<< <i>So said the fan of the team who, in a parity league, still can't manage to get to .500, let alone a SUPER BOWL WIN. >>

Hey idiot, we are 2-1. I know math isn't your strong suit but that means we are OVER .500.

And finally, you were saying Bush will be the greatest back in this generation. Now, you don't want to speculate?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pathetic spinning, ya dope!

Edited to add:

"Bush will be better than those guys (LT, LJ, Emmitt, Edge, Faulk, etc)"

And it gets better:

"bush is a once in a generation type player"

From link ^

"he will be better than the current crop of superstar running backs, he is that good."

"Yes, he will be a once in a generation type back"

"I'd lump Alexander, lt, Tiki, maybe even as far back as Faulk of this generation. Throw in Edge too...trying to think if there's anymore from what I'd consider 'this' generation. He'll be better than all of them, he has that much talent."

"Faulk has been around a while...hey, you know he played football for a team before the Rams, right?

Emmitt Smith, sure, a great runner and the all time rushing leader, but are you going to say he's the best RB of this era? I wouldn't.

I think bush is going to go down as a better RB than any of this generation's backs."

Spin away, dope image >>

Quoted statements are just like numbers, THEY DONT LIE. Spin out of this one Axhole.