Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Heritage darkside on eBay Live

Well ... they certainly have some nice German coins up on eBay ranging from the 17th century up through the Weimar Republic ... guess it is part of the pre Long Beach sale. Anyway, thought this one was interesting ...

Germany Weimar Republic. 2 Rentenmark 1926-G PCGS MS64 30% Off Center

1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a cool one, all right.

I won't wander around in there, for fear of thalers and such. The less I see, the better. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone wants to bid on Heritage's lots, I would recommend to totally disregard ebay live and use the all new ha.com's live internet bidding software. If you haven't registered with them yet, you can always do it now.You need to download their new software in order to bid live from your PC, but it only takes 2-3 mins with a high speed connection.

Besides the extra 5% added to the hammer price when you place a bid through ebay live, (20% instead of 15%), there are some additional problems of a different nature, as reflected in the unusually high number of negative or neutral feedback left by disappointed bidders and/or winners etc: Heritage's ebay neutral and negative feedback
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Actually, what would scare me off is all of the reports of items taking many weeks to months to arrive. If Heritage cannot get their act together to the point of being able to abide by Ebay/Paypal's definition of "reasonable shipping time" (that being 7 days), Heritage should not be auctioning material on Ebay...
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan, Heritage is big enough to auction its own stuff, and they are using some of the most sophisticated software for internet bidders.I'm very happy with them so far . All big auction companies nowadays, have their stuff simultaneously on ebay too, I guess they too seek the extra exposure. It's just much better to register and deal directly with the company, wether it's Heritage, Goldbergs, or many other firms, and you don't risk thinking of having won an item, only to discover a couple of days later that someone else (a floor bidder in most cases) was the real winner (see some of the feedback left). I don't know whose fault is it, but the bidder protects himself, by registering ,bidding and paying directly the auctioneer.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One cool coin... I would have estimated it higher

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked-up these two in the last session tonight. Found out that I should probably stay away from live bidding and stick to sniping eBay auctions, since I changed my bids 2-3 times on every lot I participated in. Can't wait to get my hands on this Shooter so that I can photograph it (sounds kind of dirty, for some reason):

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Great pickups Roman!
  • Options
    I picked up this one. Heritage estimate was $300- $400 and was one of the few coins they popped the extra bucks for feature coin on ebay. purchased for $195.50 (juice included).
  • Options
    Nice crusty Maria Theresa, Scoutjim007 image

I noticed quite a few pieces went below estimate, but some of their estimates were pretty unrealistic to begin with. Common Mexican portraits estimated at 250-300? Come on, now...
  • Options
    I hope it's as nice as they claimed. A check of coinarchives shows $200 a fair price for this coin.
  • Options
    Completely forgot that I placed some low-ball bids through eBay on a few coins. Apparently won 2 Cap'n'Rays, as well. An 1827 Guanajuato and a 1842 Zacatecas (either a counterfeit, or a re-cut eagle, I think).

imageimage

imageimage