Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Sending to PCGS: Guess the grade (Philippine coins)

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not in the mood for grade-guessing right now, but I will say those are some nice looking Philippine pieces. I really like the pre-Commonwealth stuff.

That 1917-S centavo has a nice "glow" to it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with LM as the 1917 centavo is the nicest of the lot. The problem is that some of these are not well struck as can be seen from inspection of shield and eagle, so that eve a little wear technically has the appearance of a much lower grade. The mentioned centavo has probably got to be a "63 RB" but will pass on the others for the moment.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 1917-s will get the best grade and that will be a 64 Brown or possibly 65 Brown...I am not sure about the quality of the strikes for the 1920-s. The 1916-s is attractive but I don't see a grade higher than 62 for that one

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the 1917-s will get the best grade and that will be a 64 Brown or possibly 65 Brown...I am not sure about the quality of the strikes for the 1920-s. The 1916-s is attractive but I don't see a grade higher than 62 for that one >>

I agree with coikat.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the 1917-s will get the best grade and that will be a 64 Brown or possibly 65 Brown...I am not sure about the quality of the strikes for the 1920-s. The 1916-s is attractive but I don't see a grade higher than 62 for that one >>

Why not RB for the 1917-s? The 1916-s might return in a BB or AU58 at best IMHO, due to the many field scratches of the obverse.The 1920 centavo looks like an AU as well, but it might be the magnification.Let's see what Mr Filam and JHF will have to say about it.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    This is my guess:
    1920 - MS62BN
    1917S - MS64RB
    1916S - AU58 - MS61
    1914S - MS63BN ( possible Large S)
    jetblack740il

==================================

Complete US-PHIL Coins for Sale, Circulation Strikes 1903-1945