Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I love it.....sellers using feedback to advertise their website! LOL

Is this really appropriate?

I mean, after all, feedback is feedback for the person buying, not to advertise
your website or your card company! It isn't enough to just get positive feedback?

Tony

Comments

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    It does not bother me.
  • Options
    On my buying ID I have had 4 FBs removed by Ebay from a seller for doing just that.. I hate it.
  • Options
    its also rather annoying when sellers leave bible verse references or religious feedbacks - like do u think the seller thinks about if the buyer might be offended by it if they aren't of the same religious persuasion
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • Options
    It's called spam and it bothers me as a buyer. It's happened to me in the past and I've reported them to ebay for feedback abuse. Sellers can get suspended for that stuff. It's a very low class way to advertise. Sellers leaving their contact number is a shamless thing to do too. I'll avoid all sellers that do these type of things in the future.
  • Options

<< <i>It does not bother me. >>

it does not bother me either.
  • Options
    Those it don't bother do you sell on Ebay? If you do it should bother you, they are advertising their site on your feedback and could be taking sales away from you.
  • Options

<< <i>Those it don't bother do you sell on Ebay? If you do it should bother you, they are advertising their site on your feedback and could be taking sales away from you. >>

Yes, I sell on ebay. No, It does not bother me.

1. in order for them to advertise on my feedback, they must have bought something from me. So, in a weird way, they paid a fee to me for that.
    2. If I was so inclined, I could advertise my stuff when I leave feedback for him.
    3. Truthfully, I do not have the time and energy to worry about what the other guy is doing. I have my own thing to do.

.............but thats just me. I have no problem with others getting angry over it.
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoon

I think if you read my post again, I WUZ talking about anyone leaving feedback
    should NOT advertise their company on that feedback. I don't care whether you
    bought from me or I bought from you! Someone I BOUGHT FROM, was my point.

I am not supposed to pay for YOUR advertising.

With that said, I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but, I just think
    it is plain wrong and UNETHICAL!

Tony
  • Options
    I agree with Tony tacky at best.
  • Options

<< <i>its also rather annoying when sellers leave bible verse references or religious feedbacks - like do u think the seller thinks about if the buyer might be offended by it if they aren't of the same religious persuasion >>

I find it funny that the ones that leave the religious quotes on your feedback or on their listings normally have pretty crappy feedback...
  • Options
    I sell and buy with my ebay account and don't care either. It's like the advertisement on top of this board. I don't click on it because I don't buy from them.