Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Would any of the Registry sets qualify for the Smithsonian Institute?

I have seen some great sets in the Registry. Which current sets do you think should be at least displayed in a museum? image

Comments

• Options
    Tradedollarnuts sets, any of em!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that any decent set that is 100% complete would be a great addition to the Smithsonian, as it is based on a complete collection of classics and moderns.

Just because a coin sits in the S.I. doesn't mean it has to be an Ultimate Rarity. Don't they have ALL of our coins?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    How about this one.... coppers - ESM Collection Something about seeing all of those coppers!!
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking about the same question - would the SI be a market for registry coins. I would hope that they would also be interested in a nice modern proof set.

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options

<< <i>How about this one.... coppers - ESM Collection Something about seeing all of those coppers!! >>

I don't know what it takes for a set to be located in the Smithsonian Institute. But, I do agree with Keyrock that the ESM collection he mentions is such a marvelous set. It's 95% complete and that is truely an accomplishment in itself. I hope to someday see it completed. Congratulations to the owner for taking on such a challenging set.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Why this set is not in the HOF is beyond me, I wish it would be 'published', maybe it would get more respect....
    The High Desert Complete U.S. Type Set (1792-1964).
    100% Complete! 137 Coins
    63.96 of a possible 66.95 rating.
    Best set since 2002!
  • Options
    Looks like it is great set. Wish they would show at least the listing of the coins and pictures. image
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    My roosie set!!! image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    No doubt the ESM Cent collection. Also the Kesselgesser collection of Bolender Bust Dollars; not to mention TDN's sets image

These two would be AWESOME.