Home Sports Talk
Options

Most Surprising Team - 2007 NFL Season?

I'd have to say the pack, at 3-0, with Favre playing a fantastic first 3 games....6 TDs, 2 picks, 64% completion percentage, over 90 passer rating.

Comments

• Options
    I knew the Pats would be good, but the Pats look unbeatable. Im surprised that the Bucs D still has swagger. GB, well the season is young dont get too excited...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    By the way, the Vikes D might be rough on Brett next week, they might get to him. Yes Im saying his streak may be ended.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    The Packers. Being a Bears fan I'am now worried facing them soon. Packers are looking good, and the Bears look awful.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favre is doing great with the three step drop/quick release. If the pack gets the running game going they can play with the Cowboys or anybody else in the NFC.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Even I didn't think the Steelers would be looking like the 3rd/4th best team in football to this point. Very nice start. They didn't play a 'great' game against SF yesterday and still won by 3 TD's. They have (at) Arizona and Seattle (in Pittsburgh) before their bye, so I'm hoping they can be 5-0.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i would say packers
    and the pats their crushing teams
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sucs at 2-1 is surprising. They will now have to lose 10 straight before Josef Stalin gives up hope.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bay of pigs.. TB and GB
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pack....

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the Packers start is that surprising, really. They have one of the best defenses in the NFL (top 10), and it's a very young unit still, but has come together nicely with veteran corners. The offensive line got experienced last year, is now gelling, Favre's arm is fine. The only weak point is the running game, but a patchwork unit will be ok back there. Not THAT big of a surprise. I think a bigger surprise is how terrible the Saints are.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Even Favre is surprised they are 3-0...I think they are by far the early season's biggest surprise.

Saints, 0-3...ouch. Already 2 out.

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think the Packers start is that surprising, really. They have one of the best defenses in the NFL (top 10), and it's a very young unit still, but has come together nicely with veteran corners. The offensive line got experienced last year, is now gelling, Favre's arm is fine. The only weak point is the running game, but a patchwork unit will be ok back there. Not THAT big of a surprise. I think a bigger surprise is how terrible the Saints are.
    John >>

The running game will come back and bite you if it doesn't improve. That's not an area you can struggle in and go very far, IMO.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I am big Packer Backer. No way I would have said that they would be 3-0. I would have been happy with 1-2. Our past is that McNabb is tough on us and who would have thought we would have beaten the chargers and contained LT2. Yes gates got his catches and yards. But as I was sitting in the stands and watching his YAS's werent great. I think it was beat into their heads to keep him in front. Also many of his catches were tough to defend routes. He runs great routes. There were a few square outs, and if the defense is concerned about not letting him behind you then those are easy catches. He also had a bunch where he sat down in the middle and flowed back and forth until Rivers could dump it off to him.

I just hope the Pack can keep it up and not let the start get to some of the younger players heads. I am not as worried about the veterans as the few that they have, have seen both good and bad starts to seasons and know the long haul that they are in for.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The Lions until this past weekend!!image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to see the Packers doing well.
  • Options

<< <i>The Lions until this past weekend!!image >>

All four of the guys on the Fox pregame show picked the Lions to beat the Eagles, oh well.....