Home Sports Talk
Options

Bonds, Giants to part ways after 2007

Link

Looks like the Giants are (finally) going in a new direction...perhaps entering into the Arod sweepstakes....they need a new, iconic player and he would keep that stadium (arguably the best in all of MLB) packed and he'd be beloved by the fans in SF (unlike his previous 'fans' whose love changes with the weather).

Comments

• Options
    A-Rod staying put in New York. Bobble Head going to the Marinateds. Will compliment Sexson nicely.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    I think AROD would thrive in SF.

But I don't see Steinbrenner letting that happen.
  • Options
    I just hope the yanks are not dumb enough to try to get barry. Id have to shoot myself
  • Options
    It would be great if you did, packsearcher.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i dont figure ol george is gonna want a-rod to anywhere-yanks have pleny of $ to say the least, at least in sf with bonds gone they can get some new guys that might be able to turn the team around,wonder if anybody will pick him up as a dh or something?? he just might be done ,not sure-find out somtime in the future
  • Options
    nah bonds will probably go find the east coast version of BALCO
    Boston
    Area
    Labratory
    Co
    Op
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>nah bonds will probably go find the east coast version of BALCO
    Boston
    Area
    Labratory
    Co
    Op >>

I don't think so -- That would certainly end the Red Sox streak of 300 or so sellouts, though.

Try the White Sox, Orioles, Rangers or Blue Jays.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    The Giants are just distancing themselves from Bonds in advance of the upcoming indictment. Smart move on their part.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With only a couple of home games left this season and with the Giants out of the playoffs, it would be interesting to see how many fans show up at Pac Bell Park (or whatever it is now called) to see Bonds' last games in a Gigante uniform.

Will there be a packed stadium with standing ovations every time Bonds takes the field? Will Bonds homer in his last at bat? Will there be few fans? Will the fans not give Bonds the time of day?

Only the next few days will tell.
  • Options
    AT&T Park sells out every night, regardless whether or not Bonds plays...and will continue to do so. Some of the best and most loyal fans, the place sells out every night.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>AT&T Park sells out every night, regardless whether or not Bonds plays...and will continue to do so. Some of the best and most loyal fans, the place sells out every night. >>

What a difference a ballpark makes. At miserable Candlestick, you couldn't give tickets away many years.
  • Options
    Candlestick was a terrible place to watch a game, tons of wind, always cold, just bad, bad.

• Options
    'The Giants are just distancing themselves from Bonds in advance of the upcoming indictment. Smart move on their part"

ya know thats not as crazy as it sounds