Home Sports Talk
Options

Seattle Mariners are PUNKS!!

What the hell was the M's pitching doing lastnight. Throwing at Valdy's head in two separate at bats. It was sweet that Valdy ripped the next pitch out of the park in dead center after the first knock down pitch, but the Mariners showed no class when trying to take out the Angels super star in two separate at bats just as we are heading into the play offs
Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi

Comments

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only saw highlights but I am pretty sure the second time was because of the way Vlad flicked his bat and stared at the pitcher when he hit his home run. Whether or not Vlad was pi$$ed off about a previous brushback pitch or not THAT stuff he did after he hit the homerun is begging to be thrown at again. Almost automatic ... again, I am not defending any side here but when you show up a team THAT blatantly you better wear a footbal helmet the next time up.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Soft, Thanks for your response. The way I see it Vald won the battle. He was thrown at, he stepped back up to the plate and drove the next pitch 420 ft into center field and out of the park. Vald had every right to "flex" at the pitcher before be went into his home run trot. End of story.

Next time up, this punk try's it again. At this point it became deadly to us. Some idiot on the mound trying to take out our best player a week before the play-offs start.

Mark

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    It was ridiculous and moronic and inexcusable...at no point does headhunting become acceptable, and the guy should have been tossed because of it.

I don't want a guy with that poor of skill in handling his emotions on the M's, let alone pitching.

• Options

<< <i> The way I see it Vald won the battle. He was thrown at, he stepped back up to the plate and drove the next pitch 420 ft into center field and out of the park. Vald had every right to "flex" at the pitcher before be went into his home run trot. End of story.

Next time up, this punk try's it again. At this point it became deadly to us. Some idiot on the mound trying to take out our best player a week before the play-offs start.

Mark >>

I agree that Vlad won that battle the second he connected his bat to ball. I do think he showed up the M's pitcher too much with his antics and that usually gets you thrown at again. It happens so many times. Whether or not we agree about a response being appropriate I can bet the Mariners did. The problem is that next pitch was at and over his head. Not good and if the M's pitcher knew better he would have gone for the butt .... image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    The is a little more to the story. Earlier in the inning, Mathis had to duck out of the way from a pitch thrown over his head from Campillo. When Guerrero came up a little later in the same inning, Campillo threw high and inside at him. Guerrero crushed the next pitch for a home run and watched it sail. Few innings later, Campillo AGAIN throws at Guerrero's head.

That is 3 attempts from basically a minor league pitcher throwing at a hitters' head. If you want to hit someone, aim at their back or lower half.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    Pitchers getting "revenge" at homerun hitters is so moronic.

If pitcher's don't want to see hitters trotting slowly around the bases, then don't pitch so poorly next time!!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the case is here, I got no problem with pitchers hitting batters in the A$$ or thigh but to throw at a guys head is just way too dangerous, they should tighten up on this and start fining these guys who do it.
  • Options
    The M's pitcher involved was suspended for 4 games today. Should have been more. Oh well, he's been in the majors for 5 days and and gets suspended for 4!

It was a thing of beauty watching Vald crush that ball high and deep in to the night sky way out in centerfield.

• Options
    I hope he's not on the roster next year...the M's have been pretty good about getting rid of bad character guys (Mateo was a pitcher who had a domestic abuse arrest and was essentially dumped).

• Options

<< <i>the Moderators's have been pretty good about getting rid of bad character guys >>

NOT! image
  • Options
    Lame.

• Options
    and Joba gets 2 games for not even hitting anybody?image
  • Options

<< <i>and Joba gets 2 games for not even hitting anybody?image >>

And he'd have been thrown out of the league if his intended headhunting pitches had made contact.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>and Joba gets 2 games for not even hitting anybody?image >>

And he'd have been thrown out of the league if his intended headhunting pitches had made contact. >>

do you even watch baseball?
    have you ever played baseball?
    do you even know what a baseball is?

the stuff that comes out of your mouth tells otherwise

• Options
    Well not thrown out of the league but if Joba had gone headhunting and made contact, the red sox would have beaten him so severely he'd not be able to pitch again.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    stitzen,who do nick swisher of A's go after on the mound the other night?,hes from my hometown,i didnt get to see it,they show no base ball hardly in wv lol-ny pirates ,and a few other on sprtscenter if were lucky,i dot read the paper the dayit happened
  • Options

<< <i>Well not thrown out of the league but if Joba had gone headhunting and made contact, the red sox would have beaten him so severely he'd not be able to pitch again. >>

can "debate" around here sink any lower? I mean, this is ridiculous. Just when I think I have read some of the dumbest things that can fly out of a human beings mouth it gets topped.

Noooo Brian Shearon of Modesto California .... no Red Sox would beat anybody until they couldn't play or pitch anymore. That is just your stupid head thinking stupid things because mommy and daddy were a bad match and made a stupid person. Not that there is anything wrong with that ..... happens everyday.

• Options

<< <i>Well not thrown out of the league but if Joba had gone headhunting and made contact, the red sox would have beaten him so severely he'd not be able to pitch again. >>

Without question this quote gets the "most foolish" statement ever award. Congrats to you meathead image
  • Options
    edited: lost my cool as my family was insulted...I should know better than to let these scumbags get to me like they did. I apologize.
  • Options

<< <i>

Without question this quote gets the "most foolish" statement ever award. Congrats to you meathead image >>

You really don't think that Joba wouldn't have been beaten down if he had made contact to the dome with those intentional fastballs? You know 'your' team even less than I thought.
  • Options

<< <i>Talk about me all you want, but you dare mention my parents again and I will come there personally and beat you into the goddamn street. I am not even kidding. You have absolutely NO right to bring them up, and doing so makes you look like the petty, simple-minded twit you are. >>

image I might have been wrong, this might be the most foolish response ever now! We are retorting to threatening violence? HA HA HA! I wish you would look me up! image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    image Now THAT was one of the funniest, yet sad responses I have ever seen in my life! Looks like mommy forgot to change someone's diappie!!!

Please! Can this fool be kicked out of here once again!?? I KNEW something this stupid would eventually come out of him! Is a threat of physical violence to another board member enough to get rid of him once and for all???

Yo Mama's so dumb i told her Christmas was around the corner, and she went lookin'.

Yo Mama's so dumb that she tripped over a cordless phone.

Your Mama's so dumb that she got smacked by a statue.

Yo Mama's so dumb , I told her she lost her mind, and she started looking for it.

Yo Mama's so dumb she got hit by a parked car.

Yo Mama's so dumb when she went to a football game she thought the quarter back was a refund!

Yo Mama's so dumb she stole a free sample.

Yo Mama's so dumb she waited all day at a stop sign.

Enjoy!
  • Options

<< <i>Talk about me all you want, but you dare mention my parents again and I will come there personally and beat you into the goddamn street. I am not even kidding. You have absolutely NO right to bring them up, and doing so makes you look like the petty, simple-minded twit you are. >>

Just because it is worth being mentioned again. We have a cancer here!
  • Options
    edited: lost my cool as my family was insulted...I should know better than to let these scumbags get to me like they did. I apologize.
  • Options
    Oh, so that is worse than wishing death on other posters and their families? Ohhhh, I get it now! You are such a fool.

And apparently you cant read very well. Dan didnt insult your parents. Just said they were an obvious bad match and the result was what we have here with you now.
  • Options
    Do you people even listen to yourselves? Now you're attacking my family? Do you even listen to yourselves before you post? YOU ARE GOING AFTER MY FAMILY NOW.

Jesus christ people get a grip.
  • Options
    Spin...........Spin...............Spinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • Options
    I have your little 'stupid people breeding' comment screen shotted yankeeno...no hiding from it as you edited it.

• Options

Thats ok because I nearly misquoted Dan and that is why it was changed. Be sure to foward it to the mods with your physical violence threat.

So everyone else knows....I had stated that he was the result of stupid people breeding. That was changed because I was about to misquote Dan. Not that I dont think there COULD be truth in that because I really dont know.

I have nothing to hide so go ahead and foward!
  • Options
  • Options
    I just admitted to it you fool.

Like I said, I was about to misquote Dan so I changed it. DUHHHHHH

And yes, you are so in line with threatening physical violence on another board member! image

And its easy to see what you are trying to do here. You are trying to take the focus away from your statement. Just like you to try and spin out and play the VICTIM. image

Edited to add the crying buddy
  • Options
  • Options
    Are you fearing being banned yet AGAIN Axhole? You should fear and you should be banned.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you people even listen to yourselves? Now you're attacking my family? Do you even listen to yourselves before you post? YOU ARE GOING AFTER MY FAMILY NOW.

Jesus christ people get a grip. >>

Attacking your family? Oh please get a grip. All I did was point out that you obviously do not come from good stock. If you wish to consider this an "attack" on your family then fine. I consider it a observation. I could be wrong, good solid people do create wayward low lifes such as yourself from time to time. image

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

So it's okay for you to wish death upon people, constantly instigate flame wars, call a posters' mothers "ho"s, circumvent the bad word filter, and question if they are a fan (even though you are the biggest fair-weathered bandwagoner here)?

You freaking hyprocrite. Of all the things you posted about me and my family did I once threaten to kick your butt (which would be pretty easy)? Nope, because I don't need to resort to petty comments like that.. And it wasn't said in jest, "I am not even kidding." That IS a threat of physical violence and shows your true character.. It goes to prove that not only are you a terrible, horrible person on forums but also one in real life.

Pathetic.

And speaking of your mom, look here, son. Anyone can show your mom a better time than she's ever had in her life. The only reason no one has taken her out is because she is considered the ultimate slump buster and used only in the absolute worst case scenario. Until then, she will constinue traveling different Sea World parks under the alias of Shamu.

And finally, nice to see you changed your sig line once again. Since you have ZERO connection to "your" teams, it was pretty hyprocrital. However, I think your new one is even moreso:

A conservative is a man who is too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Too fat to run?!? Uh, you can stand to lose at least 60 pounds and you have the gall to call others fat?!?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Are you fearing being banned yet AGAIN Axhole? You should fear and you should be banned. >>

No it's called looking back and admitting I made a mistake.

Something obviously people like you cannot possibly do.

And stownie, 'slump buster'? Oh boy...perhaps it's time for you to move on, when your miserable, pathetic life has devolved to the point where you attacking me isn't enough and you feel the need to go after my mom. Why don't you go look in the mirror and ask yourself why you exist.

• Options
    I have been laughin for a page or two.
  • Options
    If you think anyone believes that you are apologizing because you made a mistake then they are pretty naive. The only reason you edited and are attempting to apologize is because you dont want to be banned again because your life revolves around message boards and this one is a favorite place to be disliked.
  • Options
    sigh.
  • Options
    You call people names, you have wished death upon posters, you have called their mothers and sisters "ho"s.

And you have the nerve to try anyone out?!?

Son, do you even read what you type?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Softy is absolutely correct... You should have ended up on Shamu's belly or in a kleenex.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    No, yankeeno, I have the spine to stand up and admit I was wrong...which I was. I shouldn't have allowed petty and inconsequential people to get me to react the way I did.

What I find most insightful, however, is stown's continued degradation of my parents. it's not enough for him to go after me, to call me fat (oh you burned me so good!), but to insult my parents? To call my mother 'Shamu'? Its apparent this waste of space's life is so meaningless, so pathetic, so miserable that his barbs at me aren't enough - that he is now attacking my family?

Wow...just wow. Stown's life is so pathetic that he gets off on attacking anyone in a desperate (albeit failed) attempt to make his life not seem so meaningless.
  • Options
    So I ask again, it's okay for you to bring up mothers but if someone else does, their life is blah blah blah?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's your typical Tinkerbell MO.

The small doggie barks until the big dog bites back, then runs into the corner and act the victim.

If you don't want to get burnt, stay out of the kitchen, boy.
  • Options
    Funny, all these things that you are saying Stown does are all things that you have done MULTIPLE times. You shouldnt be throwing stones in glass houses, Axhole.

To sit there and say that you are a stand up person is ridiculous. You are anything but. That can be said because we have seen it here time and time and time again.

This place WAS better when you were gone. There is no doubt about it. You should go again. If not banned then on your own.
  • Options
    << Talk about me all you want, but you dare mention my parents again and I will come there personally and beat you into the goddamn street. I am not even kidding. You have absolutely NO right to bring them up, and doing so makes you look like the petty, simple-minded twit you are. >>

I have every right in the world to surmise how a sub human such as yourself managed to survive childhood without mom or dad doing exactly what you threatend to do in the above comment. I have every right to surmise that your miserable personality resonates from your upbringing. I have every right to surmise that mom and dad did a horrible job. I also surmise that I hit the nail right on the ol head judging from your freak out reaction.

• Options

<< <i>No, yankeeno, I have the spine to stand up and admit I was wrong...which I was. I shouldn't have allowed petty and inconsequential people to get me to react the way I did.

What I find most insightful, however, is stown's continued degradation of my parents. it's not enough for him to go after me, to call me fat (oh you burned me so good!), but to insult my parents? To call my mother 'Shamu'? Its apparent this waste of space's life is so meaningless, so pathetic, so miserable that his barbs at me aren't enough - that he is now attacking my family?

Wow...just wow. Stown's life is so pathetic that he gets off on attacking anyone in a desperate (albeit failed) attempt to make his life not seem so meaningless. >>

Translation:

"I was wrong and apologize... HOWEVAHH I'll finish by insulting you one more time, attempt to justify the actions for which I just apologized by once again bringing up the actions of others and negate the entire process."

• Options
    HOWEVAHH

imageimage

• Options

Yeah, I am tossing 'em back as I type.

I am in the mood for some Springer entertainment, and this is the place.

A few weeks back some guys got all upset at me for adding my 'WWF' storyline to the debacle, if you know what I mean, but I dont' mind. I was hoping it would open some eyes and right the ship a bit.

I said this place was boring and uniteresting, and it was/is because people would rather engage in the WWF/Springer atmosphere, than some good baseball talk. I would spend some time to give some information that a lot of people don't realize, and it would get drowned out by this. Everybody involved has equal stake in that.

Heck, many said that my stuff was uniteresting. Maybe so to them, but not everyone likes to think and dig deep...hence this place is uniteresting. I had some nice studies I wanted to post, but I see no sense in it as this stuff will get much more play.

Everyone flocks to the flame wars. Just look at the DowngoesFrazier stuff, and the guy who incited him. Read Fraziers stuff deeply a few times. He speaks a lot of truth in many of his comments. As a result, this place is boring and uniteresting because it is about as engrossing as a Springer show.

People limit their minds, don't think for themselves, and fall into the masses. That is a comfortable place to be, but not the best place.

-Skinpinch
  • Options
    Hey skin,

You don't need to dig deep to know that this place would be chock full of GOOD sports debate without our resident douche bag. It was proven time and time again between banishments. So, in THIS story line, please stop insulting everybody here. THIS is no flame war my man. It does not take much warmth in the brain to KNOW that.

• Options
    Soft,

If my words are taken as an insult, then I can't do much about it. They are thoughts from what I witnessed. It is my opinion. Sure, one poster has a higher claim in all this, but that does nothing to exonerate the others for their part.

People have pulled the "opinion" card on me many times on here...even though those were fact based debates and opinion wasn't really an element. But on the opinion based things that inspired my words, I am not allowed to then express mine?

-Skinpinch
  • Options

<< <i>Soft,

If my words are taken as an insult, then I can't do much about it. They are thoughts from what I witnessed. It is my opinion. Sure, one poster has a higher claim in all this, but that does nothing to exonerate the others for their part.

People have pulled the "opinion" card on me many times on here...even though those were fact based debates and opinion wasn't really an element. But on the opinion based things that inspired my words, I am not allowed to then express mine?

-Skinpinch >>

I don't care what you have witnessed. I care about what WE ALL have experienced. So, you can hop on your moral soap box all you want regarding this. It is important that you know that you don't have one of ten fingers on the pulse of this.

And your words are more of a insult to yourself really ..... since you don't have a clue about this whole mess. AND YOU DON'T. Tell me, why is it that you throw your "opinion" around about this when getting hammered? If you had any clue about what this has all been about you would not be on the side of someone who has wished death, or promised bodily harm on one of us. SPARE US ALL your way off base drunken therioes on this matter that you have no feel for.