Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What are the chances of making any 1996-W MS69FB Roosie Dime?

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
There are 5 in MS69 with > 100 in MS68FB!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is surprising.

I'm reasonably familiar with this coin and the best I've seen is a low end 68 probably and
    it's significantly better than the second best. It comes nice but I'd not have guessed MS-69.

If they're really a little tighter than I'd guess the chances of another 69 are not good. It
    may happen in time but with so few being submitted now, it probably won't be at the cur-
    rent time.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I personally don't see one coming anytime soon. That is a tough coin to make for sure. Of the ones I have seen they were between 66 and 68 and about 50/50 on the FB. But I personally haven't seen any in 69 or 69FB. I do like to look at them every chance I get a coins shows but that is still probably under 50 a year that I see. If one were made it would sure be sweet score!

Zach
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I'm going against the odds and saying, I think there will be one or two made in the next year or so.
    Theres still a ton of unopened sets out there to be opened.
    A sealed box of five is on eBay now, not uncommon, and a while back someone had an unopened box of fifty for sale.
    Dan
  • Options
    1996 is the easiest year 1965-1998 to find high grade coins. I still don't own a single (pcgs) 1996 coin as I look for the harder dates first. If the coin grades less than top it's not worth the slabbing fee. I don't think a lot of people are searching or submitting 1996 coins as only top grades will make them money and not a whole lot anyway.