Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What are the chances of making another Member release a cert # from his set?

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

imageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, as long as you hold the coin. Just send scans of the obv and rev via email to the PCGS registry and they will unplug it for you.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    That coin is too old for you....image
  • Options

<< <i>That coin is too old for you....image >>

Not everything is 2005-Date! imageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>Excellent, as long as you hold the coin. Just send scans of the obv and rev via email to the PCGS registry and they will unplug it for you.

WS >>

Actually its even easier. Just email BJ and let her know about the issue. They usually don't ask for a scan unless there is a dispute. She will erase it from another person's set and boom, all yours. I have had to do that about 7-8 times and never had to scan a coin yet! Good luck!

Zach
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What are the chances of making another Member release a cert # from his set? >>

In this case, and with the azz bite you'er dealing with, odds are 000000000.
    Send PCGS the emails said azz bite sent you, along with a request to strighten him out. image
    Dan
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Now you got me wondering?? image
  • Options

<< <i>Actually its even easier. Just email BJ and let her know about the issue. They usually don't ask for a scan unless there is a dispute. She will erase it from another person's set and boom, all yours. >>

If this was all that I had to do, I would not have started this post. I can't believe the 'ring around the roosie' (<----No pun intended here!) this jerk has put me through.

I will say this: I met Cosetta Robbins of the set registry at the Milwaukee show recently and she was soooooooo nice and helpful. She sat at the PCGS table and spoke with me in length about the set registry and what flipped me out of my chair was that she knew of me! Talk about personal service!

Anyway, Cosetta has been very helpful along with Janice, but I have had 3 phone calls and 7 or so E-mails just to get things resolved.

CRAZY! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Well Paul. You could always have Guido pay this guy a visit.image
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Excellent, as long as you hold the coin. Just send scans of the obv and rev via email to the PCGS registry and they will unplug it for you.

WS >>

Actually its even easier. Just email BJ and let her know about the issue. They usually don't ask for a scan unless there is a dispute. She will erase it from another person's set and boom, all yours. I have had to do that about 7-8 times and never had to scan a coin yet! Good luck!

Zach >>

Zach,

Thank you. I was unaware you could speak with BJ regarding this. I'm used to waiting 3-5 days.

Thanks!image
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options

<< <i>Paul,

What is the issue with the cert? This seems odd but the more I read, it seems like you took the correct steps. Could you share with the forum what happened>

Thanks,

Rob >>

Here it what happened in a nutshell:

I bought this coin a nice 1827 GO06 Bust dime from Compucheap (Russ) on eBay. I didn't need it, I just happen to like it. I get the coin on a Friday and went to put it in my inventory and low and behold it is still listed in someone else's set. PCGS has an automated response request to simply ask the other set dude to relinguish the coin. Well I get a response from this Guy and he takes the time to send me an E-mail stating "I will delete it from my set somtime this w/e ." Well I figure that if he had the time to send me an E-mail he could have just went in and deleted the coin.

The entire w/e comes and goes with no deleting of my coin. I sent him another E-mail and I said "Are you going to release my coin from your set anytime soon?" He says "Not really" Well I called him a jerk and he called me a D bag.

I forwarded all of my E-mails to BJ and I get Janice Woodward (Very nice Lady) and she said that they have rules and regs they go by and I am now into Thursday and I'm getting heated. I send a Link to eBay, and my Paypal receipt to PCGS along with 2 Original scans of the coin and they told me that they have to get his side of the story.

Just for schitts and giggles he decides to tell PCGS that he never sold the coin and still has it, but was unable to come up with any ORIGINAL scans to fortify his end of the story. He tells, now get this, that he CRACKS OUT EVERY ONE OF HIS COINS AND PUTS THEM IN ALBUMS which really negates the "Owning a true PCGS slabbed coin" which you have to be able to present any and all coins in their original slabs to even have a registry set. well by this time Cosetta Robbins (Another very helpful and super sweet Lady) is hot on the trail of this wanna be, and finally after a week and several personal phone calls later, not to mention another original scan with a hand written and dated note, I now have this coin in my inventory.

WHAT

A

JERK!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    I am sorely tempted to write something about updated registry sets that have no updated coins in them, but I think it's probably time to leave well enough alone.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Actually its even easier. Just email BJ and let her know about the issue. They usually don't ask for a scan unless there is a dispute. She will erase it from another person's set and boom, all yours. >>

If this was all that I had to do, I would not have started this post. I can't believe the 'ring around the roosie' (<----No pun intended here!) this jerk has put me through.

I will say this: I met Cosetta Robbins of the set registry at the Milwaukee show recently and she was soooooooo nice and helpful. She sat at the PCGS table and spoke with me in length about the set registry and what flipped me out of my chair was that she knew of me! Talk about personal service!

Anyway, Cosetta has been very helpful along with Janice, but I have had 3 phone calls and 7 or so E-mails just to get things resolved.

CRAZY! image

Later, Paul. >>

Paul,

That sucks. It is pretty easy of no one disputes the coin. However it seems the guy who owned the coin is being rediculous. In that case it still should be fairly simple. I sent in a scan of a coin once to get a cert removed. If it is difficult to remove the cert it is due to the former owner not releasing it and disputing it. Heck, I even had PCGS remove a coin from my set once which was fine since I did sell it and it wasn't mine anymore.

I hope it works out for you and your lovely lady!

Zach
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    This story amazes me. How could someone be such a jerk? Doesn't own the coin but claims to despite sound proof otherwise. image
  • Options
    I was asked to "out" the Guy and I just can't do that. He was just holding a cert # hostage not anything else. If he was really doing someone a wrong, then I would, but he will remain forever a jerk in my mind only!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>I was asked to "out" the Guy and I just can't do that. He was just holding a cert # hostage not anything else. If he was really doing someone a wrong, then I would, but he will remain forever a jerk in my mind only!

Later, Paul. >>

Paul,

I realize that Russ was just the middleman, and he was probably selling the coin for some one else but I would let him know the hasle the former owner gave you.image
  • Options

<< <i>Just for schitts and giggles he decides to tell PCGS that he never sold the coin and still has it, but was unable to come up with any ORIGINAL scans to fortify his end of the story. He tells, now get this, that he CRACKS OUT EVERY ONE OF HIS COINS AND PUTS THEM IN ALBUMS which really negates the "Owning a true PCGS slabbed coin" which you have to be able to present any and all coins in their original slabs to even have a registry set. well by this time Cosetta Robbins (Another very helpful and super sweet Lady) is hot on the trail of this wanna be, and finally after a week and several personal phone calls later, not to mention another original scan with a hand written and dated note, I now have this coin in my inventory.

WHAT

A

JERK!

Later, Paul. >>

I hope you asked PCGS if they were going to suspend all of the dirtbags registry sets for lying to them about ownership of this coin!image
  • Options

<< <i>Now you got me wondering?? image >>

Me too! Can I be blunt here? Who was it? image There, I asked for all of us.

RegistryNut image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now you got me wondering?? image >>

Me too! Can I be blunt here? Who was it? image There, I asked for all of us.

RegistryNut image >>

lol...thx RN. I was wondering myself.
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    Out whoever did this to you. It's not a crime, but just someone being a jerk. I wouldn't want to do business with anyone like that, and I'm sure that many here wouldn't either. Want a real quick way to get your coin released? Post this over on the US Coin Forum and out the guy there, and if he is a dealer, he will likely very quickly try to remedy things so as not to hurt business too much.
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I am in total agreement with outing this guy.

Anybody that does what you have described has got some serious problems that go way beyond coin collecting.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I understand some of you would like to know this person, but it is just not going to happen.

I received a very nice sincere PM from him stating why things happened the way they did and it came with the utmost sincere apology! Very thumbs image up in my book.

He has decided to leave coin collecting and thats it.

I would like to take this time to state to him here that I am truly sorry that things got out of hand and I offer my deepest apologies!

Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He has decided to leave coin collecting and thats it. >>

After watching this "In my so very humble opinion" the above is exactly what the person should do. This is a hobby that is suppose to be fun and people that cannot keep that focus should hit the road and keep the misery to themselves.

Ken

• Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    I am glad for you that things are straight, alls well that ends well.
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like there's more to this story, which is usually the case when we hear only one side.
    I do believe the original owner should have removed the coin as soon as he was contacted by Stooge.
    Some collectors leave coins in their sets until asked to remove them as a way of verifying the coin got to the buyer.
    I understand that.

OK, so give the seller (not Russ) the benefit of doubt that he was too busy to remove it right away.
    Once he forgot to do it over the weekend, I would be mad too.
    BUT I wonder what Stooge's email said.
    I suspect something unsavory, which turned on the testosterone button for both.

I think that because I've been there.
    Afterwords you wonder why things were elevated to the level that they were.
    Nothing was really gained.

These things worked themselves out one way or another; you got the coin in your set, and another person leaves coin collecting. Maybe he was getting out anyway, who knows.

Kinda sad.

JMO
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These things worked themselves out one way or another; you got the coin in your set, and another person leaves coin collecting. Maybe he was getting out anyway, who knows. >>

And maybe PCGS decided he should get out, since he lied to them about his ownership of said coin.
    Hard enough to manage the registry sets without someone telling them a lie that they still own coins that have been sold.
    Put the emails between Paul and said pr*ck aside (thats between them), this mess took time away from very busy people at PCGS. I don't think they would want to continue to deal with anyone who would out and out lie to them. Would you? image
    Dan
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Why lie? image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    HMM...I missed this thread earlier, but in the future if something like this happens I would encourage my buyers to feel free to contact me, and I'll be happy to contact my consignor as well as PCGS on your behalf.

Russ, NCNE