Home Sports Talk
Options

World Series rings - who gets them?

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
As a fan for many years, I should probably know this but I dont. Is it only the roster that is brought into the world series or is it anyone who has contributed throughout the season, even if just as a pinch runner? Are there a certain number of at bats? innings pitched? etc?

Comments

• Options
    That is more of an ownership decision. I know the 2004 Red Sox gave one to everyone who played even one day on the Major Leauge roster plus all of the broadcast teams and front office pople. They even gave a few to past player who they thought deserved one like Yaz and Fisk ect. They also passed them along to all of the minor leauge managers.
  • Options
    World Series rings - who gets them?

The 2007 Boston Red Sox
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>World Series rings - who gets them?

The 2007 Boston Red Sox >>

LOL...I stepped right into that one!
  • Options

<< <i>That is more of an ownership decision. I know the 2004 Red Sox gave one to everyone who played even one day on the Major Leauge roster plus all of the broadcast teams and front office pople. They even gave a few to past player who they thought deserved one like Yaz and Fisk ect. They also passed them along to all of the minor leauge managers. >>

do you know if that include anyone who was on the roster for at least one game...even if the player never got on the field?
  • Options
    All the Yankees in 2007. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Pretty sure it's anyone on the roster for the season, plus whoever else management deems worthy of them...GMs, etc.

<< <i>All the Yankees in 2007. image >>

boy that's original, you may want to check out rajah's post that was done about 12 hours ahead of yours.