Home Metal Detecting
Options

Anyone know the Meaning of BOAZ CORNER?

It is a corner on my property and I am just wanting to know it's meaning? Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boaz Corner, Talladega Co., Alabama. It's a place. What do you mean by, "It is a corner on my property"? I guess you knew it was a place. But what is its meaning? Do you mean, what is its history? Are you even in Alabama?

There are other places called "Boaz" in the country.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    You have located it...it is the far southeastern corner of my property Known as Boaz Corner....This field that I own is one of the Creek Indian Nations fields which were cleared back in the early 1700's...Boaz I think is from the Bible...Then there was a German who came to America who studied the Indian Culture his last name was Boas....I am just trying to kind of find some kind of history on it or find the meaning of why it was given the Name Boaz Corner. No one seems to know! And no I am in Illinois but the land I speak of has been in my family since early 1800's...

In the Bible Boaz mean pillar of strength.

Boaz Corner is just that, it is a corner where 4 fields meet.

And why does it come up Boaz Corner, Alabama when it is just where 4 fields meet! It is very strange to me....I know there is a Boaz Alabama but it is not around this corner at all...Boaz Alabama is a good 50 miles from this corner....Boaz Alabama was founded in the 1950's.... this Corner has some historical meaning of some kind....and I am just wanting to know what it is...that is if anyone knows!!!
  • Options
    Franz Boas (July 9, 1858 – December 21, 1942[1]) was a German-born American pioneer of modern anthropology and is often called the "Father of American Anthropology". Like many such pioneers, he trained in other disciplines; he received his doctorate in physics, and did post-doctoral work in geography. He is famed for applying the scientific method to the study of human cultures and societies, a field which was previously based on the formulation of grand theories around anecdotal knowledge.[2]