Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Official pairings set for Autumn Coin Swap - See latest post - Thanx for participating

Please commence signing in if you have already supplied the required personal info.

If you are new and would like to take part in the swap, I need (via PM)

Real Name,
Home Address
Home Phone #
email address
Emergency Contact # - (self - explanatory)

Cell Phone # (if applicable)
eBay ID (if applicable) ......

as ALL NEWCOMERS are thoroughly screened as all Verified Swappers have been before you.

I need some insight regarding your collecting interests and "comfort zone"/ coin budget, in order to pair you up with someone on or about the same level.

We abide by Common Sense Rules of Swapping here. To find these simply search this Forum for prior swaps or ask any of the elder statesmen for help. They will be very glad to assist you in the event I am not available.

Thank you. Cut off is Tonight, Monday 09-24 -2007 @ 11:00 PM CDT

Comments

• Please add me to the list. Thanks.
  • ZugZug Posts: 215 ✭✭
    count me in again!!
  • slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    I'll give this one a whirl!
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • I like to sign up!

I'm on a coin budget, so l like to keep things under 300,000 Won.

I have very few PCGS coins but I can get some in from China if needed.

If there is someone who knows nothing about coins, I like to trade with him.

I hope this starts soon, because I'm running out of room in my closet.

Johnimage
  • bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    I haven't participated in a swap for a while, so sign me up. BTW, I just purchased a large collection of of clad coin sets from the 70's to present. All of the coins were out of proof or mint sets with most every date. It includes cents thru dollars. If anyone participating in this swap needs any of these for their sets, maybe we can have boom make us partners.image

Randy
  • Hi Boom,

I'll join in. Please try to find me someone into Mercs, or moderns, that doesn't mind raw coins. as I have no (top) certified coins right now.

Anyone says they want to start a circ, Merc album could get a good start.

I also have circ walkers on hand. As you can see from my giveaway.

Of course I'll swap with anyone, but want my partner to be happy.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭
    Count me in again.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Everybody here is good to go. image
  • HEY BOOM,

I've been out of the loop for some time now and I would like to join up again for
    one of your Swaps. Do you need me to send my info? I'm still @ the same place.
    Just been hibernating. I'm presently collecting Merc's, Franklin's and Roosies from
    the 40's and 50's. At present $50-$100 to start out trading sounds good.

I'm on a coin budget, so l like to keep things under 300,000 Won.

$320.00-$325.00 is this your allowance? Is this monthly? I remember those days....image

Thanks Headsplitter2
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
    Everyone here is AOK. C'mon people! Let's get signed up.

Soon we will be having

1- The Halloween Swap

2- The Thanksgiving Swap

3- The Christmas/ New Year's Bash.

It's great fun so long as everyone abides by simple "Common Sense Rules of Coin-Swapping" which actually are NOT rules but guidelines to go by to make sure all runs smoothly/ that all material arrives and lastly, that all swaps are declared equitable or NOT!

I strongly encourage ALL swappers NOT to hold things in or permit them to fester, eventually turning into Grudges.

If we ALL simply treat one another the way We would like to be treated, there would NEVER BE any "Issues."

Thanx all. image

P.S. I am doing my utmost to keep tabs on everyone yet I get this feeling that many are holding things back, to themselves instead of coming to me. If you have Issues, I NEED TO KNOW!

Now, how in the World can I keep accurate summations if I am not given input in the event there is a "situation"?

You're NOT RATTING someone out! I NEED to know these thing, so help me out here, will ya? Why, so far, such a poor turn-out? Is something going on that I am not being told? image

If ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, I CAN post Feedback ratings openly for all to see. Do we REALLY need to go there?

I am as near as your PM box or email and if necessary, by telephone.
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭
    Hey BOOM, Can I play?

imageimage

I AM IN!

Pending your approval, of course! image

TorinoCobra71
    Indubidably!

Yes, you certainly may. image
    SHOWTIME FOLKS! SEE PAIRINGS AND GUIDELINES POSTED BELOW image
    OK, so once again we are odd numbered. NO BIG DEAL! Whereas I have sat out in many such instances, I conversely will take on 2 partners in either a 3 way OR I will trade with BOTH, 1 on 1. So, as it presently stands, unless some good-hearted soul steps up - we'll deal with it. Personally, I am somewhat perplexed as to "Why" certain Key Members are noticeably NOT taking part after such a big turn-out last go round.

PEOPLE, I DO NOT READ MINDS. IF THERE ARE THINGS THAT SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION PLEASE DO ME A HUGE FAVOR & ENLIGHTEN ME. We are a small group and you very well may be matched up with the same partner you've had very recently. If THIS is a problem - LET ME KNOW!

If anyone (for whatever reason except selfishness) has a problem being paired with any given member, I should have ALREADY been notified. Before these pairings are etched in stone, if such is the case let me know ASAP!

As such, here are the pairings:

Boom will swap with Doc Mortar AND TC71, either one on one or in a 3-Way. It matters not to me.

Bstat1020 swaps with Zug & vice-versa

Brother Slipgate will swap with Brother HeadSplitter2

Aija will swap with Conqueror65 & vice-versa

lonelyp will swap with bgman & vice-versa

If there are ANY problems I need to know NOW! If better pairings can be made to help accomodate bgman, lonelyp and headsplitter2 we can discuss this later today.

Let's try something different this time. Any of you ever hear that ole saying "KISS" - Keep it simple, Stupid?

Here's how this goes down. I am VERY ADAMANT about the following.

THERE WILL BE NO PLACING UNDUE STRESS OR UNREALISTIC DEMANDS ON YOUR PARTNERS. Some are able to go out & buy what you like but for Pete's sake, if this is NOT within a Member's means, LIVE WITH IT AND BE GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO ACCEPT WHAT IS SENT (within reason) EVEN IF IT MEANS YOU SET IT ASIDE TO USE IN FUTURE SWAPS.

Remember, I have files on everyone and they are kept up to date with information/ feedback from what I see and hear. REPEATED VIOLATIONS to the aforementioned Rule will result in no longer being permitted to take part in future swaps. If I talk to you about it Once, be advised that there will be NO SECOND TALK. The AXE will fall but I sincerely hope it never comes to this.

RIGHT OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD I NOTE THAT AT LEAST 6 OF OUR BEST SWAPPERS ARE NOT TAKING PART & I INTEND TO FIND OUT WHY.

OK .... SOOOOOOOOO

1- Communicate and agree upon a comfortable figure. We DO NOT trade off Crap in exchange for GOOD STUFF & VICE-VERSA.

2- Common sense and Courtesy -

3- If you are going to exchange certified for certified .. . PCGS for NGC - BE FAIR about it. By this I mean. Per Today's Illusion of a Market, PCGS' Price Guide applies to PCGS certified coins only. If one exchanges NGC for PCGS let it be as follows: NGC certified coins (if using the Guide) will be, at best = 80% of said Guide. "Other" slabs will be at a lesser rate. You may choose to bypass this but must be in agreement BEFOREHAND. USE YOUR HEADS! We are talking about COINS - NOT PLASTIC, OK?

D'uh, there ARE PQ coins in BOTH holders just as there are overgraded and or UNDERGRADED! It's OK to swap (and I encourage & endorse) swapping coins and to FORGET Plastic. You may swap raw coins but again, one may not use the PCGS Guide for RAW coins. PEOPLE, you're going to have to work together which ALL points back to #1 - COMMUNICATION, OK? Agree on a figure and make it happen. If there be any doubt - ADD MORE!

4- Once terms have been mutually agreed upon .... once you have the goods in your posession - come to these Boards and post it.

5- When you mail the Goods - Come to this thread and Post Delivery Confirmation Numbers that WILL BE CHECKED by yours truly.

6- It would be prudent to also insure your items as things DO happen. This is the MAIN reason for posting Del Conf #s.

7- Upon receipt of goods, you are NOT at Liberty to do anything with what is sent until BOTH have declared the swap Mutually satisfactory by posting here AGAIN! Before this transpires, if you feel shorted, sit tight on what you have received AND TELL YOUR PARTNER. Resolve issues amongst yourselves however, if this is NOT POSSIBLE you have 2 options: 1) Immediately return one anothers' goods or 2) Come to me and I will attempt to mediate as fairly and unbiased as possible.

In closing, permit me to say that it SOUNDS A LOT MORE COMPLICATED than it REALLY IS! It's actually quite simple & revolves around Ethics, Communication and Common Sense. By now this should come quite naturally to you all.

Communication, Courtesy, Common Sense are Paramount. Agreement, posting it, prudent shipping and CLOSING on Good Terms and letting everyone know by POSTING IT is as simple as it gets! That's a wrap.

Now, let's get at it and enjoy our Hobby. Say Good-Bye to Summer and Hello Autumn! Let's have some FUN!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • PM sent to Bgman. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

Alerts sent to all participants via PM.
    PM sent to bstat1020
  • Received PM for Aija and have replied.

Johnimage
    Sent PM to HeadSplitter2
  • PM to Boom and TC71
    PM back to DocMortar.....

TC71
    First PMs from ALL, responded to - will try again later tonight or tomorrow.

I've received a bunch of PMs (Thanks) and will try to accomodate all.

I appreciate everyones' communication & co-operation. image
  • Sent PM to Slipgate.image

JD
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
  • I'm sorry, image

But due to a family tragedy I need to stop my swap with Bgman.

• If bgman needs a new partner I would be willing to step in. I thought about joining this swap earlier but I just never got around to it.

Millertime
    Thanks Paul for contacting me. I am very sorry to hear about your Brother and I pray for the best.

**Shane, you ARE OK's to swap with Bgman in place of Paul**

Latest ammended partners

MILLERTIME ( IN PLACE OF LONELYP) SWAPS WITH BGMAN & VICE VERSA

TORINOCOBRA71 SWAPS 1ON1 WITH DOC MORTAR & VICE VERSA

EYOUNG429 SWAPS WITH BOOM & VICE VERSA

ALL OTHER PAIRINGS WILL REMAIN THE SAME.

LET'S GET THIS DONE AS I WANT TO GET STARTED ON A HALLOWEEN SWAP.

HAPPY SWAPPING ALL.

THIS SWAP IS NOW OFFICIALLY SET AND CLOSED!
    Hey BOOM, Guess What.....

BADA BING BADA BOOM

Deal struck with DocMortar!

Shipped USPS Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation # 0703-8555-7490-5502

TorinoCobra71
    Working out the swap with millertime.

Randy
  • Aija and I might have something in the works. He and I collect coins with totally different goals( his being correct). Aija came up with the idea I think will make both of us happy, and I truely will thank him for that. So, what turnout to be a difficult paring, is turning into a great swap. Thanks Aija and Boom.

Johnimage
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭
    Thanks John for the kind words.
    This may take some time, but I'm sure we'll both be happy in the end. image

Augie

• << <i>Aija and I might have something in the works. He and I collect coins with totally different goals( his being correct). Aija came up with the idea I think will make both of us happy, and I truely will thank him for that. So, what turnout to be a difficult paring, is turning into a great swap. Thanks Aija and Boom.

Johnimage >>

So what kind of creative swapping is in the works. Just a general idea could help myself and others think outside the box.

Millertime
  • Hi Group,

I'm happy to see Millertime joined the swap. And is tacking my place with Bgman.

My brother is in ICU, but is stable. Lots of broken bones, and other problems.

We thank you for your thoughts, in this bad time.

Paul

• << <i>

<< <i>Aija and I might have something in the works. He and I collect coins with totally different goals( his being correct). Aija came up with the idea I think will make both of us happy, and I truely will thank him for that. So, what turnout to be a difficult paring, is turning into a great swap. Thanks Aija and Boom.

Johnimage >>

So what kind of creative swapping is in the works. Just a general idea could help myself and others think outside the box.

Millertime >>

We are doing a coin tag. Only thing is I'm going to take his coins and leave the country!image
    I'm going to move to China and start selling some real American coins on ebay.
    Johnimageimage

• << <i>Hi Group,

I'm happy to see Millertime joined the swap. And is tacking my place with Bgman.

My brother is in ICU, but is stable. Lots of broken bones, and other problems.

We thank you for your thoughts, in this bad time.

Paul >>

I wish you and your brother the best and hope to see you in the next swap.

Johnimage
    Thanks to all for the co-operation. I appreciate how quickly we pooled together to resolve multiple situations.

Paul, our prayers go out to you, your family and in particular - to your Brother. Trust in God.

You're Welcome John and thank YOU, Augie.

TC71, you are the MAN!

In negotiation stages with Mr EYoung429

Good day all. imageimage
  • Boom 'n I are complying
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Zug and I have made agreement and will be shipping soon.

Darn it TC71 I was trying to get shipped before you! You are the fastest swapper this side of the Mississippi!!image

Brian
  • You are the fastest swapper this side of the Mississippi!!

If I was on the ball, I could of been faster. I live about 2 miles from the 'sippi'. image

Slipgate and I have exchanged emails. Still working.

JD
  • Package sent to TC71 del conf.# 0306 1070 0003 0925 5085 Insured for $100,000. He got the best of me!
    << He got the best of me. >> image

Watch him, Doc. He's one fast weenie dog! image
    Millertimes's package will go out Friday. Delivery conf # 0306 0320 0000 8711 9635.
  • Coins received from TorinoCobra 71. Nice trade and a good deal all the way around. Thanks TC71.

<< <i>Coins received from TorinoCobra 71. Nice trade and a good deal all the way around. Thanks TC71. >>

Likewise! I got an excellent 1944-S PCGS MS64 Walker from the Doc! Thanks!

Another successful swap!

TC71
  • headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    tttimage
    Package on the way to P.O. right now for bstat1020.

Will update confirmation numbers later.

Later is here.

0307 0020 0000 1814 5568

vh 350 295 178 us

Jeff
    Headsplitter and I spoke and we may have a swap!