Home Metal Detecting

Getting outdone..

Well i'll be the first to admit, having 3 kids, a wife, job, and full time student makes it a little tougher to get out more than usualimage

Well anyways, got my brother into this fun craft about a year ago, and he finally purchased his 1st detector, a whites prizm 5..(figures he even gets a better model than my whites 3!image)..and his new wife of a year has a prizm 4..

well anyways they went to a school that is about 100yrs old..on 9/15 ..which conincidentally happens to be my bday..and I get a call on my cell phone..("hey happy bday..blah blah blah..OH and by the way..im out here at that school..and decided to wear my head phones..and the first target I dug..a 35 wheatie..blah blah blaah..oh and the 2nd target i dug...a 35 buffalo nickle...Oh and by the way...I did say happy bday right...blahblah blah blah..)

now ive been doing this Mdetecting thing for a while and have pretty good luck..(no silver coins..just to hard to wear headphones with your kids running around..but have dug my share of wheaties. and a couple nice rings..and a boat load of change.."

Well I called him later inthe day after a soccer game and asked him how the rest of the day went....he said the first 2 finds were his best..and found a bunch of change..

im gonna see if he has pics of the things ..probalby will have them framed..

Were gonna go hit my old neighbors house where we grew up. she said there were maids quarters and stuff like that when they ;moved in..sounds like fun. plus a old well..

If your reading this BRO..you suck!image

putting together a MS 60 and up Morgan set....60% complete...otlher 40% probably take the rest of the decade!

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Getting outdone.. >>

Happens to me all the time. image

It's tough to learn that the only one you gotta outdo is yourself, though. It's easy to get jealous when looking at other people's finds.

Sounds like your brother might be hooked, now, eh? For me, I had to cross a certain threshold to get there. I had found wheaties and even a silver Roosie or two, but it wasn't until I dug my first coin from the 1800s (a decent 1899 Barber dime) and my first Indian cent (an 1875 found just a little while after the Barber dime), that I knew I was a "lifer".

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.