Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Can you use 1 card in 2 different set registries?

Hi, I have a card that could be used in 2 different sets. Would I be able to add the card in both sets or only one? Thank you for your timeimage

Comments

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. different sets are allowed.
    ie hof player and any year set. or 3000 hit club and hof player.
    i only do baseball i am sure there are sets like this for every sport

hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Not only can you do it, but I recommend it. It qualifies you for submitting cards for free once you get to 75% completion for each set.
  • Options

<< <i>Not only can you do it, but I recommend it. It qualifies you for submitting cards for free once you get to 75% completion for each set. >>

What? FREE grading? WOW image How? The set is 14 cards. So if I get 10 cards for the set I will get free gradings? How many? Thats great to hear! Does it matter that my set is not like 200 cards or something? I mean the autographed collection I think has 130 cards or so but I won't be anywhere close to that anytime soon but my other set I want to start has 14 cards. Thank you for your time and any help is appreciated.

Giovanni Azzarelli
  • Options
    For your info:

Free Grading. We recognize that not every item in every important collection has been graded by PSA. In order to encourage participation in the PSA Set Registry program when your set reaches 75% complete, you are entitled free grading as follows.
    For card and ticket sets:

If the set composition is 1-50 cards and tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 51-150 cards and tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 151-300 cards and tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 301+ cards and tickets you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
    For PSA/DNA autographed balls and any medium sets (excluding bats):

If the set composition is 50-199 items you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 200+ items you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    Free gradings are for items within the set that has reached 75% completion. You should request your free gradings with the intent to either add or upgrade your set with the items that are being graded for free. You cannot submit the same item twice for free grades. All items must be submitted at one time. If your set has reached 75% complete, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number. You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings. It is your responsibility to pay for postage and insurance.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options

<< <i>For your info:

Free Grading. We recognize that not every item in every important collection has been graded by PSA. In order to encourage participation in the PSA Set Registry program when your set reaches 75% complete, you are entitled free grading as follows.
    For card and ticket sets:

If the set composition is 1-50 cards and tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 51-150 cards and tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 151-300 cards and tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 301+ cards and tickets you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
    For PSA/DNA autographed balls and any medium sets (excluding bats):

If the set composition is 50-199 items you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 200+ items you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    Free gradings are for items within the set that has reached 75% completion. You should request your free gradings with the intent to either add or upgrade your set with the items that are being graded for free. You cannot submit the same item twice for free grades. All items must be submitted at one time. If your set has reached 75% complete, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number. You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings. It is your responsibility to pay for postage and insurance. >>

Thanks man, great to heard thatimage PSA is the best!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks man, great to heard thatimage PSA is the best! >>

When you get a card back that you knew was going to grade PSA-8 and it comes back as a 6, I wonder if you'll have that same opinion. Good luck with your set!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks man, great to heard thatimage PSA is the best! >>

When you get a card back that you knew was going to grade PSA-8 and it comes back as a 6, I wonder if you'll have that same opinion. Good luck with your set!! >>

I hear ya LOL. I actualy was ecpecting 1 point lower for all my cards but got 1 point higher! Hopefuly that happens everytime image But all around in my opinion PSA is totaly the best, I am very happy with this company in many ways. They are very proffesional and they always have somebody ready to help you and not some answering machne that they never respond to. Great company and great people on these boardsimage
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    You don't have your PMs on, who are you missing for your 50 players set? I have a few basketball autos left, maybe some that would help.

jim
  • Options

<< <i>You don't have your PMs on, who are you missing for your 50 players set? I have a few basketball autos left, maybe some that would help.

jim >>

Hi Jim, sorry i'm new and I didn't know about that PM thing. I think I now activated it to receive private messages. How do I check my messages? I tell you the truth I have like 40 autographs of HOF or 50 Greatest players but not to many that are worthy(in my standards) of being on that PSA set registry so in that case i'm always looking for a good card. Who do you have available for the HOF set? I'm looking for serial numbered auto cards. Thank you so much for your time and I appreciate any helpimage
  • Options
    Like you I am collecting a HOF Basketball Autograph set (With the Top 50 players noted). My only advice to you as you start is do not worry about grades so much in this set and concentrate instead on filling spaces, as the set is not weighted and in my opinion will be impossible to complete unless the card companies come up with some cut cards for the pre NBA, International and deceased players in the Hall. For me Im just enjoying putting it together as a labor of love. My set has photos if your interested. Good luck with your set.
  • Options

<< <i>Like you I am collecting a HOF Basketball Autograph set (With the Top 50 players noted). My only advice to you as you start is do not worry about grades so much in this set and concentrate instead on filling spaces, as the set is not weighted and in my opinion will be impossible to complete unless the card companies come up with some cut cards for the pre NBA, International and deceased players in the Hall. For me Im just enjoying putting it together as a labor of love. My set has photos if your interested. Good luck with your set. >>

Hey how are ya man? Your the guy with the photos? Thats great, I love your setimage I noticed that your set currently said that it was updated and I was wondering which cards did you add or improve? Yeah me too, I really don't care about the grades either. As long as I can add another player I really don't care about the grade. I have enjoyed your set for a while and your part of why I started on this set because you made me fall in love with those cards as I kept looking at them LOL. You got a nice set and I can't image the day I will get to were you are right now, it feels like that would take me like 5 years or something image But I will take it slow and see what happens. Nice set man, keep it up and hopefuly I can catch up to you one dayimage

Sincerely,

Giovanni Azzarelli
  • Options
    Nothing added or updated at this time. I just corrected a typo. Keep in touch on the board.
    Art
  • Options

<< <i>Nothing added or updated at this time. I just corrected a typo. Keep in touch on the board.
    Art >>

Hey Art, we now hare something lol. We are the only people with a Dave DeBusschere Auto Jersey PSA 9. There are only 2 in the pop and none higher. Do you have anything we can maybe trade for? I have an extra Mikan Inscriptions numbered to 100. Let me know and yes, definetly keep in touchimage

Giovanni