Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Why do people cover there PSA number of their cards?

Hi, I noticed a friend of mine covers his PSA certification numbers on his cards. Do you know why? Hes a buddy of mine but I figured to ask here because I was wondering now because I just noticed it and its buging me lol. I will have some scans to my set just as soon as my cards come back from PSA but I want to know why I should cover mine too or if I shouldn't? Thank you for your time and any helpimage

Sincerely,

Giovanni Azzarelli

Comments

• Options
    FRIEND of sport

Somepeople are afraid that there card may be copied and used in a ebay auction.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options

<< <i>FRIEND of sport

Somepeople are afraid that there card may be copied and used in a ebay auction. >>

Thanks manimage I guess I should do the same?
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't cover my cards up...but many do

a psa 10 1972 topps roger staubach rc (very big bucks) picture was stolen and someone tried to sell the card on ebay.
    with #'s covered that couldn't happen...protecting future ebay buyers.
    btw many of us saw this and alerted others. a fellow psa set guy got ebay to remove the listing.
    with a population of just 2 it was not hard to spot that one....but what would have happened to a more common card. hope that helps. jay
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

<< <i>I don't cover my cards up...but many do

a psa 10 1972 topps roger staubach rc (very big bucks) picture was stolen and someone tried to sell the card on ebay.
    with #'s covered that couldn't happen...protecting future ebay buyers.
    btw many of us saw this and alerted others. a fellow psa set guy got ebay to remove the listing.
    with a population of just 2 it was not hard to spot that one....but what would have happened to a more common card. hope that helps. jay >>

Hey Jay, thanksimage That deninetly helped! I'm gona cover my cards now, not like my cards are worth thousands but cover them anyway so save people from any hassles. Thanks againimage