Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Kelloggs collectors.........a question

Where is King Kellogg when I need him!

The question I have is this. We all know Kelloggs have a tendency to crack over time. My experience with them is that they bend but will crack if they get too cold. The question is, will these cards crack in a PSA holder. If I buy a PSA 9 1970 Topps......will it remain a 9 with no cracks if stored properly??

I have been looking at the 1970 baseball set and have forgotten how nice those cards look. The problem is I dont want to sink money into them if there is cracking potential.

Any opinions??
I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!

Comments

• Options
    I've owned a couple of hundred kelloggs over time and I've had one crack in the holder unfortunately it was a 10, hope that helps!
    Collector of 71 Kelloggs Football and Unitas cards.
  • Options
    Hi- A great question!! I have about 350 1971 kelloggs football cards that are graded. Over the years only 2-3 have cracked and that has been in transit from the buyer to me through the mail. None of my kelloggs cards have cracked while in my possession. I have sent many of my cards off to psa myself and they haven't cracked from here to there and back. I think you are pretty safe with a graded card as long as you store them properly and don't drop them on the floor!! Happened to me once but the card didn't crack!!! Hope this helps! Good luck with the '70 set.. I love the design and list of Hof'ers plus you can still buy nice raw sets for $300 or less.
    Paul
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response guys.

I noticed that even in a PSA 9 most of these cards are affordable to the collector on a modest budget like I am. I think I am definitly going to go after this set as the budget allows. Its great news that in your experiences cracking is minimal. Although I would hate to have a 10 crack! thats gotta hurt!

These cards bring me back to when I was young. I happened to stumble onto the Glenn Beckert card and I felt like I was 7 years old again. I love this hobby!! You can feel like a kid again and the flood of memories can just come right back to you!.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    Does the grade guarentee from PSA apply to cards that crack in the holder?
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.