Grade question from the 1979 topps guys

Comments

• Options
    gonna need alot better scan....somewhere between a 7 and 10
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    i have card# 528 wayne gross graded in psa 9 NQ. $6 ppd.

thanks
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    It's definitely not a 10. I have spent a lot of time and money on grading this set in the past, and I can definitely say - this set drove me nuts. Centering is a major issue, and cards that I thought were 10's all day long, would come back 9's. And, cards I thought were 9's would often come back as worthless 8's. The white borders also show chipping, but you need a loupe to often see it.

It's just a guess, but your card looks like an 8 to me.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 or 9OC.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I agree with Grote. That is if the corners are 9 worthy. Frank
    Looking for 1975, 1978, and 1979 Topps Baseball in high end PSA 9 and PSA 10.
    1981-82 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1992-93 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1976 Topps Baseball PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1982 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1986 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1975 Topps Wacky Packages Series 15 PSA 9 or 10
  • Options
    Hey I am thinking an 8 or 9. I have graded many of these in the past. Depends on the mood of the grader, too. But the cornering is just not Gem Mint worthy. I sent in my "tens" and got tons of 9s back. VERY VERY difficult set to complete in gem mint.
    Che
    In the big inning...
    Genesis 1:1
  • Options

<< <i> 8 or 9OC. >>

Do you guys really think this card is off centered?
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    definate 8, 9 on a good day. a liitle oc left to right
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    < 8 or 9OC. >>

Do you guys really think this card is off centered?

If it grades OC, it'll be because of the T/B centering, IMO. I've submitted a bunch of 79s over the past few months, and that's beem my experience, though you may get lucky. It'll definitely grade a straight 8, but PSA likes to hand out that 9OC on the 79s, a real tough set whose value does not reflect its difficulty,

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.