Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

proposed 1972 topps baseball rip, all gone

2»

Comments

• Options
    A tiny bit of snow on the forster and centering (close but no perfect) on Duffy. A good day both 10's, but lately, I don't know. 9's for sure, but probably not 10's
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of staining is that on the Koosman, and Ranger team card?
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Here's my pack (an 8.5). The 10th card, #692 Curt Blefary in Action still has the gum attached and has made an unfortunate impression on card.

The nine were: Bill Russell, Rich McKinney, Wayne Granger, Mike Lum, Denny McLain, Rudy May, Jose Cardinal, Chris Cannizzaro and Ron Santo
  • Options
    What kind of staining is that on the Koosman, and Ranger team card?

Can't say for sure, but probably Bubble gum juice image

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    echo's cards- very nice!
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    since others recieved theirs, I lost my will powere and ripped mine tongiht

Here are the best cards from the gai 7.5 pack which ended up having the high #'s like the others have posted so far. I included the tatum because I always like to pull red sox cards!

I couldn't help myself so I opened 1 of my 6th series gai 7.5 packs , this pack had a high# on the back and was all high #'s. Here were the best from that pack

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, these give me the urge to buy a 72 pack. Those are gorgeous cards.

Shane

• Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten my pack yet... image
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    WOW! Glad to see everybody getting sweet cards and many high numbers too!!

WooHoo!

• Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Ya, my packs are still in transit too... I'm sure there will be a "sorry we missed you" tag on my door when I get home..... of course, I'll have to turn the car around and rush to the post office immed. thereafter!

I'm hoping to pull a Chris Sabo!

alright, you can laugh now.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options

<< <i>Ya, my packs are still in transit too... I'm sure there will be a "sorry we missed you" tag on my door when I get home..... of course, I'll have to turn the car around and rush to the post office immed. thereafter!

I'm hoping to pull a Chris Sabo!

alright, you can laugh now. >>

I'll make you a deal....

If you pull a genuine '72 Topps CHRIS SABO card, I'll buy a PSA 8 or higher '52 Topps Mantle and trade it to you for a terrible '86 Topps common card of a catcher from the Phillies. Fair enough?

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    I'll make you a deal....

If you pull a genuine '72 Topps CHRIS SABO card, I'll buy a PSA 8 or higher '52 Topps Mantle and trade it to you for a terrible '86 Topps common card of a catcher from the Phillies. Fair enough?

I'll get your Darren Daulton card ready.... prepare my Mantle...

• Options

<< <i>I'll make you a deal....

I'll get your Darren Daulton card ready.... prepare my Mantle...

image >>

Well, I have a PSA 8, 9, and 10 '52 Topps Mantle....and that's a rare pull.

I'll go ahead and send you the PSA 10. I don't really like the way it looks anyway. It's overgraded. It would've only been a BGS 9.5, so it sucks.

Let me know when you get it.

Oh sorry I have to clarify one thing. None of the above is true whatsoever, so don't expect to receive anything. Sorry about the confusion.

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    I just got my GAI 8.5 '72 Topps pack today!! image
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    rip it, rip it good!

• Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Well, I got the bad and the ugly, hoping someone else gets the good, thanks goye
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options

If you pull a genuine '72 Topps CHRIS SABO card, I'll buy a PSA 8 or higher '52 Topps Mantle and trade it to you for a terrible '86 Topps common card of a catcher from the Phillies. Fair enough? >>

Hey, I resemble that remark!
  • Options

<< <i>

If you pull a genuine '72 Topps CHRIS SABO card, I'll buy a PSA 8 or higher '52 Topps Mantle and trade it to you for a terrible '86 Topps common card of a catcher from the Phillies. Fair enough? >>

Hey, I resemble that remark! >>

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    Alright... rip #1 was series 6... ALL HIGH #'s. Nothing noteworthy... at least I got the Cesar Geronimo. A couple shots of 8's maybe.
    ...the 10th card was an O/C Ron Hansen #763

Pack #2 was the series 5 pack.... again, nothing that'll bring down the house, but the quality was a bit better. The ROY card should be a 9, and the Riddle should be a 9.
    ...the 10th card was #689 Eddie Fisher with horrible gum damage...

• Options
    My pack arrived today but haven't opened it up yet. I do need some decent high numbers for my set so I'm hoping I get mostly 8s...but I would like to get one gradable star card.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I got the bad and the ugly, hoping someone else gets the good, thanks goye >>

Too bad that you didn't get centered ones of the Kennedy and Holtman. Those two are toughies.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    All will grade 8 or 9.

Hope the graders don't read this!

You'll be award 5s and 6s.
  • Options
    In my Series 6 7.5 pack, I got one series 5 card (Rudy May), two Doug Griffin cards and a bunch of questionable corners. I'm glad I never put any money into GAI packs.

I've been wanting to do this for a long time here and I'm glad I was able to get the chance. Thanks.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the packs that are in transit arrived today or tomorrow so the rest of you can be involved.
    I have 1 pack that did not get paid for and I have not received any responses to my IM's so I am not sure what is up and it is from the person who I thought would be the 1st to pay. If anyone wants to give it another try or to get involved , the pack is here and boxed from when I boxed them all the other day so I do not know what the grade is other than it is between 8-9, it is a 5th series pack , guessing it is 6 5th and 4 6th based on the posts so far but their is a 5th series card on the back. 1st person to IM me gets the pack. thanks, Duncan[/bold]
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Hey Goye
    I'd be interested in your Jim Kaat if you are looking to trade it.
    Please PM me if you are
    Thanks
    Barry
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭
    Finally got around to scanning the pack, among other things.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Duncan--just checked the boards after a week of hell...forgot all about it.

sent a PM...if I lost out--my bad for getting tied up.

If not, will paypal tonite. sorry everyone else
  • Options

<< <i>Alright... rip #1 was series 6... ALL HIGH #'s. Nothing noteworthy... at least I got the Cesar Geronimo. >>

My pack has the Cesar Geronimo showing on the front.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    Bought 2 packs. I was going to leave them unopened, but temptation got the best of me. Both packs were 5/6 series packs. I was pleased. but wish the star cards would have been better centered. The commons were very nicely centered. All 4 for sale or trade - PM with any offers.

• Options
    Carlton looks like Billy Bob Thornton on that card.
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    You guys have corners that are much, much better than mine. Bad luck of the draw.
  • Options
    Sorry for your luck Buc.
    I wish I had gotten one, I would love to rip something that old.