Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Lincoln Collection registered.....

SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
... Big Sky Collection. It's opened at number 7, Circulation strikes 09-present.

A shame it's not open to the public.

Why do some collectors keep their Registry Sets private?

Comments

• Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Seems to me he probably wanted to see where he stood before posting the final coin. I expect to see it 100% real soon and then hopefully it will be OPEN for all to see. JMHO. Steveimage
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Why do some collectors keep their Registry Sets private?

I have been told that this is because the registrant is concerned that someone will outbid them on a coin they want for the sole purpose of trying to sell ot back to them at a profit.

Sad, but understandable.
  • Options
    I would like to see the details too. Love the red lincolns. Sold my set many years ago and wished I had it now. One reasons to block a set is to keep the competition in the set registry from knowing what you need. Probably best to keep the set open though since just as often someone finding a key coin will look at the top registry sets and offer it to the top registry that needs it knowing they may be the higher buyer. dr
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it.

I guess I don't spend to much time thinking about the competition.

As an afterthought; at the the level I collect, the word competition hardly applies.

• Options

<< <i>Got it.

I guess I don't spend to much time thinking about the competition.

As an afterthought; at the the level I collect, the word competition hardly applies. >>

Sometimes it seems that way for sure. Then I remember I am here to collect what I want.image