Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hey all i am new to this site and though i have been collecting (not dealing) for a few years i still feel like a novice.

Comments

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!

Start slow because things have changed a bit.

Ray
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome to the forums.

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    jpo1965jpo1965 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    welcome image
    Old coins
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    thanks for the welcome......things have changed? With coins or the way they are collected?
  • Options
    Welcome, this is a great place to learn image
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!!!!!!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome, this is a great place to learn image >>

That's very appropriate. I posted a question about a toner morgan when I became a member and got a few some good remarks. What surprised me at the time was that some of the members knew about the coin on Heritages auction. They said I did okay and continued collecting more and more.
    Branched out a bit once I got exposed to coin types that caught my eye when pics and explanations were posted on the board.

Hope you continue here on the boards!

Brian
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>thanks for the welcome......things have changed? With coins or the way they are collected? >>

The coins haven't changed - just everything else image

Welcome!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the change in my pocket is different than the change I had in my pocket last week. Even the change has changed. image
    Meanwhile, it's all the same. Some would argue that there are more than two sides to a coin, but don't let a one dimensional attitude upset your three dimensional altitude, eh ?
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard.

Now I'm not sure how many sides a coin has. image

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ... The Twilight Zone.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    image to the forum James.
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I found someone on the same wave length and he didn't have a blue fish in his sig line, either image

Excellent intro, Cladking !
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>thanks for the welcome......things have changed? With coins or the way they are collected? >>

both.
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    image To The Forums!

TorinoCobra71
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forum!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
  • Options
    Welcome-hope you enjoy the forum. I've been collecting coins for about 45 years and consider myself very much a novice. I've learned more since I started reading this forum that I did the previous 43 years.
    Crazy old man from Missouri
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry, whatever you collect, some will love 'em, some will ridicule them, others will support whatever you like......as long as it's not SGS slabbed coins.

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey all i am new to this site and though i have been collecting (not dealing) for a few years i still feel like a novice. >>

so am i

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I'm not sure how many sides a coin has.

A mobius strip only has one side, which I've always found interestingimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Now I'm not sure how many sides a coin has.

A mobius strip only has one side, which I've always found interestingimage >>

Ever try to magnetize one? image
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file