Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need some help with a few values- I went back to the well from the Goudey cards I bought

Well I went back for some more stuff and we struck a trade and no cash this time so I was happy.

I traded a partial 60 topps set in EXMT
A partial 62 topps set with about 200 cards or so
Some new stuff like chrome and chrome refractor football partial sets

some 66 high #'s about (10)
a few vintage cards in VG condition

I figured I had about 1000.00 in what I got and here is the list and some cards I need help on

1)First a 1952 Topps Mays in EX
2)1954 Bowman WIllie Mays in EXMT
3)A Albert Pujols 2000 Midwest Minor League Top Prospects Multi-AD #21 BGS 9.5(need help cant find one like mine on ebay only card #20 on ebay).
4) A PSA/DNA Johnny Unitas 1981 TCMA autograph card it is slabbed authentic by PSA/DNA
5) AROD 94 DIE CUT Rookie SP NM-MT
6) Albert Pujols Topps Chrome 2001 Rookie Late Edition(need help on this one too)
7) Ralph Kiner Prime Cuts Autograph 2004 3/5
8) Michael Strahan Absolute 2005 Tools of the Trade SUPER PATCH 1/1
9) 8 1952 Topps singles in EX condition
10) 56 Clemente with a very light paper crease in corner
11) I got a dual auto of Tommy Frazier/Tom OSborne from Press Pass legends(sold)
12) Paul Hornung PRESS PASS legends autograph
13) Fleer Rookies and Greats 2005 Frank Howard cut card autograph #/50
14) Pappelbon/Verlander CO-SIGNORS autograph
15) Antonio Pittman PRESS PASS RED INK AUTOGRAPH( I think these are rarer and he pulled from pack)(sold)
16) Patrick WIllis Press Pass AUto
17) Brady Quinn Prestige Roookie #/999(sold)
18) Marshall Faulk Great American Hereos Autograph 2002 /67
19)Donruss Classics two color patch Joe Namath (legendary Players) /25
20) Topps Autograph Rookie Tedd Ginn Jr. Rookie Photshoot card(need help on this one)
21)Joe Namath 2004 Leaf Limited autograph jersey /50
22) Steve Smith Gridiron Kings dual jersey autograph /25
23) Albert Pujols Triple Threads 6 pieces jersey/bat triple #/27
24) Whitey Ford Donruss Classicss Significant SIgnatures /50
25) Carlton Fisk 2003 Timeless Treasures dual jersey/auto /15
26) Ted Ginn Jr. Prestige XTRA POINTS Rookie 1/100(refractor type card and have no idea what it is)(sold)
27) 2007 DOnruss Classics Payton/McMahon/Singletary triple jersey card /250
28) 2007 SPX Triple jersey Manning, Brady, Brees
29) HB BLADES 2007 footballSPX ROOKIE AUTO /199
30) 2004 Vlad Guerrero Timber and Threads bat autograph dual / 50
31) Spahn 2004 Leaf Certified 1958 jersey pieve /58
32) 1981 DOnruss box
33) 1987 Fleer Box
34) 1983 Topps Box football box(sold to envoy98)

I picked up other stuff like a Rae Carruth 97 press pass auto,. Boldin SPX auto, Meacham autograph
Tyler Johnson atomic refractor rookie auto/199 etc. but that is the main stuff, Sidney Rice autograph Topps

I think I did OK but this new stuff throws me off

If anybody can help me out and let me know about the cards I was wondering about.

I would have paid 5-6 alone for the Mays and been thrilled it is solid card but OC!

ALMOST FORGOT 1970 Topps baseball complete set ranging from EX-NRMT'
and a 1981 Topps football complete set in binder and all cards are BEAUTIES but Joe Montana is OC I bet 9 OC

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **

Comments

• Options
    I can tell you the 2001 Topps Chrome Pujols is from the Topps traded set.Each pack of Traded had 2 chrome cards in each pack.I believe the base topps traded card books at $60.So the chrome should be around $75-80.Did you trade these at a shop?Also do you have any other 60's partial sets?I would say you made out great.You can't beat the 52 Mays.Very undervalued in my opinion.
    Mike
  • Options
    Also the Rookie Photoshoot Autos are very tough and usually fetch good money on Ebay.I'm not sure on value of the player in question because i haven't opened any new football since 2001.
    Michael
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    No with a guy that should have a shop- he has a room full of thousands and thousands of vintage cards and only cards he pulls from packs or trades to guys at shows for boxes of unopened cards. He gets alot of great stuff from pack junkies. He loves vintage. I have some partial sets but keeping those.

He sells wax at the shows and supplies but leaves his good stuff at home. He loves trading and he and I are having fun. I have traded twice in a week with him.

I just get the new stuff and do not know much about it but try to stick with autos, rookies etc.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    Forgot the two sets as well

1970 Topps baseball complete ranging from EX-NRMT
    1981 Topps Football MINT but Joe is oc but I bet it is PSA 9 OC!

BUt I did add up what I gave him and it was bout 1300.00 in cash value

also thanks alot for the help on those two.

Also ALL OF THESE ARE FOR SALE! I will be submitting MaysX2 on Monday I am guessing with a few other vintage items
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    whatcha doin with that 83 fb box?
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Can you pm me with info on the 1970 bb set
  • Options
    Cokin75Cokin75 Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Wow. Is this guy retarded?
  • Options
    Cookin- that's what I was thinking, it just doesn't add up?)^%*
  • Options
    I promise you guys that was the exact trade and even got a few smaller autos that are 5.00 or so to boot!

He wanted stuff that I had bought cheap-

62 partial set(VG-EX)140.00 I bought from a board member
    60 Topps set(EXMT or better with alot of stars and high #'s) 800.00
    singles I had about 400.00 but it was a bunch of the new shiny stuff and a few vintage cards but in off grade. He could care less as long as they look good in a big brick holder.

I have done two deals and the first one was huge deal and got the Goudey Ruth Rookie Graded(PSA 3), Two Gehrigs(PSA 3 and a Canadain PSA 1). Joe Dimaggio Play Ball PSA 4 1940

4590479 submission #
    37127 zip code
  • Options
    Cokin75Cokin75 Posts: 243 ✭✭

<< <i> I promise you guys that was the exact trade and even got a few smaller autos that are 5.00 or so to boot! >>

Nice work!

Can I have his address?
  • Options
    Just PM me too with the address... I can afford to fly cross country for those tradesimage
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    1980s collector, for a guy who decided to buy a few cards and try to set up at a show only a couple weeks ago you have really turned into quite the dealer very fast. Making these huge trades and buys, picking up Ruths, Gehirgs, goudeys, T206s. Kinda the type of thing that makes a guy wonder if you were already a dealer before you posted wanting to know if anyone had anything cheap that they would sell to a guy looking for a few cards to do a show. If this is not the case, my bad, just kinda thinkin out loud I guess.

Either way you absolutely killed the guy in that trade.
  • Options
    how does this guy make this trade with you??
    just doesnt add up. you came out way ahead.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I agree...anyone else calling bullchit?
  • Options
    Allen I understand- One thing I have learned from this board is everybody is skeptical and rightfully so in this business.

I never said I didnt do shows in college several yeras back.

I dont care if anybody believed my trade or not! I bought some stuff cheap and passed it on for some higher quality items.

I showed the submission from the order everybody claimed sounded to good to be true and I probably bought fakes etc. etc.

well they all got slabbed. I am no con man and am a realtor with better things to do than make up stupid stories about trades with suckers.

I thought I did well but know very little about new stuff(that stuff has changed alot in my four years out of the loop).

For instance when I did it jersey cards were high dollar now they are lucky to get you 5.00 and that is if it is a huge star.

Anyway, I totally understand if you call bullchit but I promise you that every card I listed I got and the cards I traded him were bulk but things I got cheap in the past year or so!

Thanks for at least not totally tearing me up- If I saw this trade I would think somebody was calling BS but I did not know how well I did until I got back to check ebay on some of the items I got!

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    It's all crap! Just so you feel better, you should send a few of those old, ungradeable, reprint cards to me to clear your conscience. image
    I don't do modern stuff anymore but I'd take most of this stuff, heck I'd even take that Ted Ginn photo shoot auto off your hands.

If you decide to move that 83 FB box let me know. Steve (BBCE) has them for $65/box and I thought about picking one up.
  • Options
    that is cool- envoy- anything I can do for you since you have helped me out in the past that is cool.

I will sell the box to you for 40.00 and you pay for exact s/h?

you can inspect box and even open a few packs to make sure they are legit but I have a strong hunch those cards have sent in his house for a good part of 20 years but I could be wrong. H emay have gotten them in trade.

• Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Would be interested in the Papelbon/Verlander auto.

Let me know price please
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    80scollector is a good guy and I'm thinking he is telling the truth.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    just sold the 83 box to envoy for 40.00 and there is no way I could sell that box for 40.00 other than I do not have one red cent in it from my calculations.

anyway let me know what you need ahmanfan- that stuff I was buying from you(vintage stuff in VG or so) is some of the stuff I trade with him.

SO i will need more stuff like that vintage football etc.
  • Options
    I updated sold cards!
  • Options

<< <i>Would be interested in the Papelbon/Verlander auto.

Let me know price please >>

Bump
  • Options
    I will take 80% of the final hammer price of the last three Divided by three? That gives you a 20% discount of ebay prices if interested let me know
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

<< <i>I will take 80% of the final hammer price of the last three Divided by three? That gives you a 20% discount of ebay prices if interested let me know >>

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&amp;sbrftog=1&amp;guest=1&amp;from=R10&amp;_trksid=m37&amp;satitle=papelbon+verlander+co+signers&amp;sacat=-1&catref=C6&amp;sargn=-1&saslc=2&amp;sadis=200&amp;fpos=02664&amp;sabfmts=1&amp;saobfmts=insif&amp;fis=2&amp;ftrt=1&amp;ftrv=1&amp;saprclo=&amp;saprchi=&amp;fsop=1&fsoo=2

Last 3 I see- $22.50, $11.00 & $20.72 for a price of $14.45 per your above formula.

Will you take $17 on paypal including shipping?

Let me know

THanks,
  • Options
    That 11.00 auto was actually 22.50....
  • Options

<< <i>That 11.00 auto was actually 22.50.... >>

So I guess an auction that ended 5 days ago was never updated.

Nice going Ebay.

$19 for the auto Papelbon/Verlander?

Will paypal.

Jon
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    80s,
    can you send a scan of the clemente with price to LDFerguson@bwsc.net.

also, shoot me a price on the 81 donruss box if available.

pm sent

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>Allen I understand- One thing I have learned from this board is everybody is skeptical and rightfully so in this business.

I never said I didnt do shows in college several yeras back.

I dont care if anybody believed my trade or not! I bought some stuff cheap and passed it on for some higher quality items.

I showed the submission from the order everybody claimed sounded to good to be true and I probably bought fakes etc. etc.

well they all got slabbed. I am no con man and am a realtor with better things to do than make up stupid stories about trades with suckers.

I thought I did well but know very little about new stuff(that stuff has changed alot in my four years out of the loop).

For instance when I did it jersey cards were high dollar now they are lucky to get you 5.00 and that is if it is a huge star.

Anyway, I totally understand if you call bullchit but I promise you that every card I listed I got and the cards I traded him were bulk but things I got cheap in the past year or so!

Thanks for at least not totally tearing me up- If I saw this trade I would think somebody was calling BS but I did not know how well I did until I got back to check ebay on some of the items I got! >>

Well here it is, more than 2 months later and I still do not have a box. Nate doesn't even return my pm's or emails anymore. I don't know what's going on but apparently he needed the $50 more than I do.

Did anyone else get anything they bought? I was getting pm replies from him but now nothing in 2-1/2 weeks. I was promised a tracking number but have yet to receive it and the box wasn't actually mailed until 10/23. I paid on 9/4, it is now 11/15 so I'm writing off my $50. A little communication would go a long way Nate.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    very interesting....

perhaps this might jar his memory.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Josh, Any word from Nate about this? Did anyone else buy anything and receive it? Just bumping it up so everyone can see it.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    part 2
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I went back to the well

maybe he fell in it?
  • Options
    Date Posted: Nov/21/2007 3:37 PM
    Josh, man I am soooo sorry man. I have not even been on PSA message board in like a month or so.

Today I am at work and the USPS brings a box in to my office that says UNDELIVERABLE on it and you guessed it. it was your box.

please verify address and lets get you this box.

I can not believe I didnt check back with you and I apologize and assumed it got there long ago.

let me asap via EMAIL beacuse I dont check here much
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent an email to him as requested and got no reply for over a week. Sent another email on Sunday and did receive a reply letting me know the box had not shipped but he was going to refund part of my money and still send me the box.

As of tonight, no refund.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Just thought I would top this since someone topped one of his other threads.

What ever happened with this deal? Did you get your box?
  • Options
    Here is the reply I posted in the other thread that was bumped.

REPLY:
    -----------
    You may want to rethink buying anything from this clown shoe.

Do a search on his name and you'll find at least two or three threads where he failed to make good on deals. Took him 3 months to refund my money on a box he "got in this same deal". I had to badger him the entire time to get him to either send the box, or send me a refund. He flakes out and disappears for days, even weeks at a time. I can't tell you how many times I heard "It's on the way" or "I'll send tomorrow with dc and throw in something extra". Or my favorite, "I'll send you the box and the refund just to make it right" when I told him I wasn't going to hold my breath after both were supposedly sent... guess what actually did show up? My refund...no box, 4 months later now. At least I got my $$$ back.

I assume the bumper of this is the one who contacted me through ebay, I'll tell you again, your mileage may vary, but I wouldn't deal with Nate again. We were supposed to be "buds" and he d1cked me around for 3 months on a $50 deal. I wouldn't waste that kind of time again.
    ---------

About the middle of December I got my refund. I've been waiting for him to make a claim that I didn't ship him anything so he could get it reversed. It wasn't an actual refund, but a payment back to me, which interestingly enough, I got to pay a $1.20 in fees on. So I let him borrow my money for 3 months and it only cost me $1.20 to do it. What a deal. image