Home Sports Talk
Options

Yanks' Chamberlain Suspended 2 Games

Linky

Must have learned it from Clemens, throwing 2 98+ mph pitches over the head of Youkilis.

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    image IMO he got off LIGHT, should be 5-6 games, he doesn't pitch everyday so what is 2 games?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image IMO he got off LIGHT, should be 5-6 games, he doesn't pitch everyday so what is 2 games? >>

he needed the rest. Two games is MLB saying "yeah, yeah, bad boy, but balls that don't hit people are part of baseball, time to man-up Youk."

And I hate the Yankees.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    It really makes no sense to me.

MLB really let this kid off, remember - he throws almost 100mph, and he was throwing at Youk's head! WTF? Don't think the Red Sox are going to forget this, either.

But, I think Slobba was acting on his own - it didn't even look like Posada knew what he was doing.
  • Options
    yeah, total bs

no warning at ALL (even after the first one), no incident during the game (or series) to warrant thinking anything was going on. MLB dropped the ball big time on this one. Yankee haters may love it, but they know its a punk move by Angel, he's really been really bad all around this year, i bet his ump review comes up a wee bit short this year.

• Options
    Guy has pinpoint control then throws 2 pitches in a ROW over the head of Youkilis?

Come on guys, don't kid yourselves, at least man up and say 'yeah, he was sending a message', don't play this BS like 'oh no he didn't mean to do it!'

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty bush league.

Youkilis has been killing them all year so the Joba the Hut was trying to intimidate him. Bad move -- a pissed off Youk is going to clobber the Yanks at Fenway.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all part of baseball. Let Youk get revenge by doing well against NYY. You know A-Rod or Giambi will get drilled...all part of baseball.
  • Options
    Short memories here - Arod got hit first already during the series.
  • Options

<< <i>Short memories here - Arod got hit first already during the series. >>

And he'll likely get plunked again...though I'd love to see Jeter get hit to see how quickly his pansy ass would run down to first and not show any heart.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was a message. A wrong one to send as the head is nowhere to be playing with BUT there was intent. If it was not at the head I would be very happy with this as it is about time the Yankees did this to the Sox after being out pegged by a 3-1 margin over the lst 5 years. Ans so what if the SOx "remember" this at Fenway because if they think this was not a message for all the beanings thrown by Sox pitchers and bean another Yankee then we all know Big Papi is next.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>Guy has pinpoint control then throws 2 pitches in a ROW over the head of Youkilis?

Come on guys, don't kid yourselves, at least man up and say 'yeah, he was sending a message', don't play this BS like 'oh no he didn't mean to do it!' >>

no one is justifying his actions, the only issue is that he got NO warning at all after the first pitch, and then got tossed. It was the ump that was bush league, not the pitcher.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    He is young, he will learn from this.

The kid has tremendous upside potential. I have been very impressed with him so far.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a baptism to the rivalry. He'll be called upon to do more than throw a purpose pitch against the Sox at some point. Hopefully he'll take a little off of it when he does though. Kind of miss Pedro when people are throwing at each other - he never even tried to hide it.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I think we out peg the Yanks simply because of Wakefield,not to mention Ynaks NEVER TRY to get out of the way of a pitch. I have even sworn to see them lean IN to a pitch!!
  • Options

<< <i>I think we out peg the Yanks simply because of Wakefield,not to mention Ynaks NEVER TRY to get out of the way of a pitch. I have even sworn to see them lean IN to a pitch!! >>

They must have went to the Biggio school of avoiding the pitch...that guy is as cheap as it comes when it comes to leaning into pitches and not getting out of the way.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Good point Sox fans, because Pedro never threw at Yankee batters for the helluva it. >>

Point taken, and I agree with you.

But, he was Pedro Martinez - one of the premier pitchers in the game at that time, and he often threw inside at batters to keep them off the plate, and establish his strike zone. Who the heck is Joba Chamberlain? He's barely pitched a dozen innings of relief, and he thinks he's all of a sudden going to try and intimidate Youkilis? By throwing at his head? Sorry, there's no excuse for it.