Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mislabeling brings this kind of premium????

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I really doubt anyone will pay that much for those coins......but I could be wrong....image
    Becky
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bites yet.
    If the fish are swimming they will be caught.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mechanical error!
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quote from the movie Robocop..."I'd buy THAT for a dollar"... well, not much more anyway!!
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    I've asked the seller to cancel the auction and return the coins for correction. I'm curious to see how he will respond.

While these errors are very embarassing to us, no one should attempt to profit from them.
    Ron Guth
    President
    PCGS CoinFacts - the Internet Encyclopedia of U.S. Coins
    www.CoinFacts.com
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one's that never make a mistake don't do anything.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been more interesting if one of the two had been graded 70.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    "no one should attempt to profit from them"

REALLY! I'm rolling on the floor laughing!image
    This is the last time I will ever do this again
  • Options

<< <i>REALLY! I'm rolling on the floor laughing!image >>

PCGS Collectors Club Services and Fees

Service - Mint Errors
    Fee - $40

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I've asked the seller to cancel the auction and return the coins for correction. I'm curious to see how he will respond.

While these errors are very embarassing to us, no one should attempt to profit from them. "

I have sent mechanical errors back for correction and they were returned to me with the exact same mechanical errors. When I called customer circus, they said they could only be fixed at a show.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the big deal???
    Seller is peddeling the holders and not the coins?

Ray
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Anyone stupid enough to pay what this seller is asking deserves to get ripped off.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    ABSOLUTELY not.
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've asked the seller to cancel the auction and return the coins for correction. I'm curious to see how he will respond.

While these errors are very embarassing to us, no one should attempt to profit from them. >>

The seller would be foolish not to accept this offer and the good will that would go with it.
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I've asked the seller to cancel the auction and return the coins for correction. I'm curious to see how he will respond.

While these errors are very embarassing to us, no one should attempt to profit from them. >>

The seller would be foolish not to accept this offer and the good will that would go with it. >>

While I basically agree, exactly what "good will" do you speak of?

And the statement that a seller is trying to profit from an error by PCGS, and that it is somehow inappropriate, is as self-serving as the Mint taking the same position. Of course both manufacturers are equally embarrassed, but neither is immune to the downside of making mistakes. Just another opportunistic seller in a capitalistic system - wholly to be expected, if not appreciated. Property rights sort of trump all in both cases...
  • Options
    Just wondering what these would be worth to PCGS or one of their competitors
    Could just see it now, at a national show, proudly displayed on a NGC, ICG, or SGS table.
    I think PCGS should just buy them back and take them of the market.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think PCGS should just buy them back and take them of the market. >>

You still must have a willing seller. And there is no doubt that PCGS would be willing and happy to do just that - take them back. All I meant to say in my previous post is that PCGS can no more compel an owner to return them - or not attempt a profit from their sale - than the Mint could compel the return of all, say, 1955 DDO Lincoln Cents.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. Also, no one should profit from error coins struck by the US mint. Everyone should send me their error coins so that I can return them to the US mint. image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file