Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebays new search function

Wow, do I HATE it. Anyone else?image

Comments

• Options
    It stinks so bad i just wrote ebay about it ,maybe if enough do the same they will get the idea

If it aint broke DONT FIX IT
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 1,000%!! It SUCKS! Lumping raw 1986 cards with vintage unopened is just ASININE. Like Skinsfans said, if it's not broke, don't fix it! Why in the world do they feel the need to constantly change everything!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I have not noticed any change??image
  • Options
    You can opt out of the new search and go back to the old way.
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    How do you opt. out?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you?

Though as a seller, I'm thinking this new format will make it more difficult for buyers to see your auctions if they're not aware on how to "opt out" either.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    how do i opt out, im all for it, anyrthing new ebay does sucks and i havnt even looked yet !
    i emailed em a week ago and told em it sucked way before they did it,knew it would,anytime they go messing with stuff it sucks, like the time they tried to cram checkout down our throats,that dint work either lol
    randy
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Another vote against the new eBay search... it SUCKS.

To opt out, when you search for something and you get the new format, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the search results page and you should see the option for opting out.

Sadly, this will only delay the inevitable... but hopefully eBay will make the new search functional before they take away our ability to opt out.

Hrmpf.

Snorto~
  • Options
    thanx scott, i found it, finally lol,they will prob make it optional,when they got to screwing with things they get alot of hate mail,like when they tried to push checkout, they made it optional, ill emial em and tell em it sucks, did it 4 times today,and alot more before that!
    Randy
  • Options
    i think your change sucks,just like when you tried to cram checkout down
    everybodys throat,this new search feature is pathetic,best be making it
    optional or your're going to lose alot of people real quick if we cant sell
    stuff because you decided to change the search and make it 10 times harder
    to find stuff,i opted out of it,thats pretty well what i think of it
    randy

my email to them , hit em with one like this in the sneak peek boxin the top corner of the home page
  • Options
    I just got a email from ebay after i told them how unhappy i was with the new format and that i would not be listing anything since i think it will hurt sellers.

The return email was we are sorry you are not happy yada yada bs please use this promo on us for the whole month of September free insertion with gallery under 9.99 or over $10 use gallery and get 25 % off.
    wow that solves everything lol
  • Options
    How do you look up a completed auctions with the new search option?
  • Options
    I just started getting them yesterday. I am with everyone else that this new system really does not work for me.
  • Options
    I still have not seen any changes in my searches on ebay.. I never opted out either.. hmm
  • Options
    you opt out by doing a search for something, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page,thats how i finally found the opt out link,dont understand why your compter dont have it leia,its change big time,should be able to notice it real easy,it bring up tons of garbage that youare not looking for,way to go eaby,screwing everything up again, you suck!
    randy
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    dammit, Meg! image
  • Options

<< <i>I still have not seen any changes in my searches on ebay.. I never opted out either.. hmm >>

Me either. I never opted out. A few days back on my home computer I searched something and a catagory listing poped up. That was the only time. Everythings old and ok here.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Sometimes they run test programs it seems like a while back I got something about making me part of their new tests and I opted out. Maybe that had something to do with it.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    I think this is pretty cool...

• Options
    that could be leia, i never pay any attention to email from ebay as its usually stupid stuff, ill pay better attention now lol!
    randy