Home Sports Talk
Options

The Tampa Devil Rays Official Spoiler Thread

The Rays have won the last 7 out of 10 games. With the Yankees and Red Sox each having 6 games left with them, they could be a big part of determining the outcome of the AL East. They have an a very good lineup but their pitching sucks except for Kazmir.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    They're hot lately, but they're the worst in baseball. The Red Sox got us all juiced up again after our 2-5 mini slump. I'll be disappointed if we don't sweep.
  • Options
    I will be disappointed too but it is something to keep in mind. That BJ Upton is awesome. Bottom line is the great teams have to go out and play the game to win regardless of what ought to happen.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They definately need to go out and get some pitching, their lineup is decent with Young, Upton and Crawford. I highly doubt they will get this much production out of Carlos Pena again.

BTW- Tonight...... GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Well I'm disappointed image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some owner commitment and halfway intelligent GM moves and TB could be a very good team.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rays take 2 of 3 -- the Bronx is Burning!!
  • Options
    Go Rays!

• Options

<< <i>Go Rays! >>

Go Jays!
  • Options
    Should have kept my mouth shut. image Freakin' Giambi!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Should have kept my mouth shut. image Freakin' Giambi! >>

He he, Jays pulled out the victory anyway. image
  • Options

<< <i>Should have kept my mouth shut. image Freakin' Giambi! >>

well finally looks like he is OFF the juice, his head went down about 2 hat sizes and he is not BRIGHT RED and sweating. In fact I barely recognized him at the plate!. Good for Giambi to drop the juice...maybe Clemens used his??
  • Options
    Go Rays!

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I'm surprised the Devil Rays haven't at least peeped about moving elsewhere. I mean, the Marlins seem to make the most noise about "new stadium or we're packing", but at least they do have two championships while the Devil Rays are still the only MLB to never get at least a .500 season (never mind not making the playoffs).
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    They have a 3 game winning streak in their future starting on Tuesday.
  • Options

<< <i>The Yankees have a 3 game winning streak in their future starting on Tuesday. >>

I think that you're right image