Home U.S. Coin Forum

ANA FINANCIALS - SPENDING MORE THAN WE HAVE

SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
I just finished reading Beth Dishler's story and editorial in the September 10th issue of Coin World. It brings out the fact that the ANA is spending more money on operations than it is receiving in operational income. I guess many of us do the same in real life.
I'm wondering what other ANA members think about how the organization has operated in the past few years regarding financial spending. Certainly, Chris Cipoletti had believed that in order to grow the organization, money needed to be spent. And he spent it as was pointed out in the article. Should the ANA cut back on its spending and its programs until revenue grows via increased membership OR should the direction started by Cipoletti be continued. What do YOU think? Steveimage

Comments

• I used to be very active in a fraternal organization, and even though it was social, it had to be run as a business. I think the same is true for any organization of this type. If money is to be spent to try and increase membership, it has to be planned and can't be so excessive as to endanger financial stability. If the spending was showing positive results continuing may be a good idea, even if not at the previous levels. If it wasn't showing the desired results, then it's time to admit that it wasn't working. Never throw good money after bad.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt many of us spend more than our income on a routine basis, though Federal government certainly would qualify as doing such.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file