Home U.S. Coin Forum

US Mint kicked out order of JF Spouse

RarityRarity Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭
A friend of mine just received an email from US Mint saying that she is being disqualified for placing 2 orders of JF Spouse gold even though each order was for ONE coin only (1 proof & 1 uncirculated).

If this is how US Mint work, a lot of folks including myself will be allowed to have 1 coin instead of 2. Fortunately I haven't received the warning email from US Mint yet.

Comments

• kimon1230kimon1230 Posts: 747 ✭✭
    Hmmm.... that's what I did too
    No email yet
  • GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I had a problem myself with ordering, and I heard of something similar happening also.

Due to the US Mint's website getting overloaded, a lot of people had problems ordering. What happened to me and someone else I talked to was I was able to place an order for 1 of each (Proof & Uncirculated) Jefferson Spouse Gold Coin into my Cart, and when I clicked on "Place Order" the site just locked up. I couldn't reload or anything. So I opened a new Window and was able to start over. However, when I went to Checkout again, it now listed 2 of each Jefferson Spouse Gold Coins. I am guessing the first order actually went through, even though my screen was locked up. So some people may have inadvertantly ordered more than the limit and are having their orders cancelled.

Luckly, I was able to cancel one of my orders and my other order still looks good.
  • I thought it read that you could order one of each option per household, nothing I recall about having to do it all in one order...however it's the mint and they, apparently, can do whatever they want!
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭
    : Should call mint now and ask why they are not honoring THEIR stated order limits. ! proof-1 unc per household. Nothing stated about order limits. May be some "misinformed" employee. I also ordered 1&1.as I did with the limits on the other Spouse coins.image ......Called ...Well that"s somewhat good news
  • RarityRarity Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭
    I just talked with an employee at the Mint and he confirmed that "one of each option (or 2 coins per household, 1 PR 1 UNC) is not violating the rule". Feel better now.

• ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe in ordering they double ordered without realizing it....hence the kick out.... if you want to check log in to mint website and check your order history....
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Sounds to me like there ater a few flavors of this.

She could have inadvertantly ordered 2 of the same coin on 2 orders.

The website messed up and placed the wrong coin in her backet.

Or, a mint employee needed more coffee before comparing orders.

If it was #3 then I would think the Mint could fix it.
  • mcmximcmxi Posts: 890
    I made two orders of each because I didn't think one of them went through. After i Realized that they both did I called the mint and told them what happened. They looked it up and told me not to worry about it. I looked today and both of my orders are still there. Although the proof was cancelled off of one order the unc is still there.
    If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The site was slow, had problems, people clicked again and again or opened more browser windows and ordered.
    If one wasn't paying attention, there are potential problems.
    It happened to me but I caught it by paying attention.

Users shouldn't always blame the mint. Sure, blame them for the website having problems but, aside from mad rushes like this (and everyone trying to beat the system by having friends/neighbors/family/bums order for them), their site works fine.

Is your friend buying to collect (I feel bad for them) or buying to flip/sell (one takes their chances and it works or it doesn't....move on and do the next one)?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    None of this would happen if they didn't have those stupidly low mintage limits. The damn things would wind up being scarcer in the long run if they didn't have these limits anyway. Think Jackie Robinson $5 here.
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    With my order, the Mint website definitely had a hitch. I initially ordered one each proof and unc, but on the cart/review page, it showed two proofs. Not wanting to be disqualified, I started over and ordered one proof. Then, I began a new order for the unc. Alas, I couldn't get through a second time, so I'll have to be happy with one "buff" liberty image
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • HI N. they should mint 50,000 proof and 50,000 UNC. This hole series is just hype. They assume every body is a rat thief.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file