Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

First submission - grades in!

Edit: because [Enter] is not my friend...

Finally received the grades for my first submission - World Economy service. The turnaround times could be a little better (35 business, 50 calendar days), but I was happy to find-out that my overall grading was in-line with PCGS. One of the coins certified was the first one of its' kind - 1823 5 Pesetas from Majorca that certified at VF35. It was one of my TOREX pick-ups from a little while back..

The other grades of those that weren't body bagged. All of them have "the look" that I enjoy so much:

Mexico - 1797 8 Reales - XF45 - My first purchase from Brett (BS), nice original skin. CNG sold it as VF

My Peruvian Twins...
Peru - 1802 8 Reales - XF45
Peru - 1804 8 Reales - XF45

Peru - 1810 8 Reales - XF40 - PCGS did not attribute the "lock on forehead" variety. I should've just put down Calbeto # when submitted. Picture can be seen in this thread.

Body bags (don't ask me why I submitted these - all lack "the look". I guess was hoping for high grade):

Mexico - 1799 8 Reales - Tooling (actually knew the two small spots were tooling, just a stupid submission)
Mexico - 1809 8 Reales - Cleaned (I thought it was a "dipped" AU)
Mexico - 1821 Zs 8 Reales - Cleaned (As above, I believed it to be a "dipped" high-end AU). Here's the pic.

Lessons learned and my second submission almost ready to go out...

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the two from Peru...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Congrats on an interesting lot!

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys! Coinkat, when I first posted the images, the reverse of the 1802 still had lots of "green", which I've since removed with Acetone. I was nervous about the 1810 due to Ferdinand having a cut on his neck, but it didn't seem to prevent it from slabbing.

• worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice first round of submissions! The Majorca piece in particular is a nice purchase. The 1821 would have fooled me also.