Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

94% PayPal fees? Huh??

A couple days ago, I received a card in the mail with a postage due (.33) envelope attached to the bubble mailer. I emailed the seller and explained that the $2.50 I paid for S&H shouldn't have cost an extra .33, to which he agreed. So he refunds my PayPal account. I log in tonight to pay for a card, and I find that PP charged me .31 for the .33 transaction, leaving me a .02 balance. Wow, I can understand why you high-volume sellers scream about PP fees. I'd be upset about a 94% charge too.

Geordie

Comments

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    yeah they make the bucks thats for sure,the post office just changed all their rules on mail too in the past month,so thats going to cause alot of confusion, alot of stuff about if a 4x8 padded envelope is 3/4 tall the po charges you 12 cents more , the po people here in town dont understand what the rules are they have so many new ones,it was just some postal nazi with the ruler out measuring stuff somewhere and wated to charge more!ive had it happen to me a few times as of late
    randy

p.s. look on the bright side ,at least ya got yer 2 cents worth lol, surprised they didnt take it too!
  • If he refunded you then you should not have paid any Ebay fees. He used the send money feature instead of a partial refund.
  • Who knows, maybe the seller did it that way on purpose. image

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

<< <i>f he refunded you then you should not have paid any Ebay fees. He used the send money feature instead of a partial refund. >>

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    The post office is currently charging different prices for the same package depending on where you go and who is working. I have sent bubble mailers with one card in each from three different PO's and been charged three different amounts. One was 57 cents, the other 69 cents, the other a buck eleven. They're so worried about losing a half cent that they create these idiotic rules that no one can understand, but then again...government run, government organized.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    sounds like he used his credit card and there is a .30 cents charge to accept a credit card payment. yes, he should have issued a partial refund from your original payment and not the 'send money' feature.-
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    very true mt, they wouldnt want to lose a penny ,about like ebay or paypal lol,knda like the soup nazi on sienfeld,except the got the postal nazi back there with a tape measure seeing if it can fit thru a slot, or is machable or unmachable mail,if over 3/4 inch gotta chage more, the guys at the po dont even know what to charge ya,and they are supose to know what they are doing ,i saw a list of the new changes a few feeks ago, i wouldnt know what to charge either!
    randy