Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I really thought we were passed this level....

Get a email tonight telling me how a piece I have for sale really doesn't sell well, but the sender still makes me an offer. I declined.
Wondo

Comments

• Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    I am cornfused what you mean we are passed this level? I make offers all the time. Say yes or say no, why is it a big deal?
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i get those ebay experts alot trying to tell me about my stuff/how to list it,ect... -it does get annoying!!, i just tell em when they grow up and have their own biz they can list it however they want,otherwise shut up,that usually does it lolimage
    randy
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am cornfused what you mean we are passed this level? I make offers all the time. Say yes or say no, why is it a big deal? >>

I love offers - it's the "your card is crap, but I'll take it off your hands" method that I don't appreciate.
    Wondo

• Options
    chbchb Posts: 212
    I get similar e-mails all the time for signed sports memorabilia. Some con man sells a fake for $50 and I get an e-mail telling me I'm out of line for asking $150 for the "same" item since last auction went for $50. Annoying, but part of the game.

By the way, my offer was more than reasonable image
  • Options
    wondo....interesting stuff in your store. I never saw those Murad silks before. nice.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    This was a popular method of dealers buying cards from kids at card shows during the 80s and 90s. Well, if it's such a piece of sh*t, then why do you want it so bad a-hole?
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    the only time i ever emailed a seller was recently because his reserve was too high. i won his first auction at 141 but didnt make the reserve, similar cards (Favre Topps Flight to 420 TD autos) sell at around that price. he relisted with a reserve again. i emailed him saying that i hope he lowered his reserve as i had bid to win the first time and roughly what the going rate was on the cards. well a few days into relisting the item he lowers the reserve. i did end up winning it again, this time for good.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    A piece of what???
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Wondo's silks are sweet!

Of course they don't sell well and I'll never get my money out of it.... But thanks anyway John. image

Truthfully those silks are exceptional and if your favorite sport from your favorite college is shown you will likely wait at least 5-10 years before you find one as nice. If he has a big silk of your team/sport you won't find it again.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    When I put stuff up with a "best offer" option, I have Ebay auto-decline offers for ammounts I would never consider.

Occasionaly, I'll log in to see that some kiddies made offers of $1 and $2 for $20+ bin items, which Ebay auto-declined.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    the sender still makes me an offer lemme guess, the seller has an ebay store? I got one of these emials as well from a SELLER of tons of stuff on ebay. Sure they wanted me to end an auction early so they could relist, I told them I would end it for 1,000 over my reserve if they really wanted it that bad. THEY WERE PISSED
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    here is the best one I received recently after I turned down his offer and told him my minumum and that I already had an offer of 1500. his reply with a 1400 counteroff

<< <i>I think maybe you should of accepted the $1,500... Several PSA 8 Rose rookies have sold on eBay for $1,400 over the past couple of months and if you read the news, we are about to get into a serious credit crunch/recession in this country. >>

good thing I didn;t take his advice , card was sold for 1750
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I love offers - it's the "your card is crap, but I'll take it off your hands" method that I don't appreciate. >>

I will agree with you on that, I make offers all the time and attempt to at least negotiate, but there is no need to be ignorant. Bottom line nobody is interested in something that is a "piece of crap"
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Dam, if i didn't get one of those annoying phone calls today from ebay!! Trying to tell me how they can make me a better sellerimage
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dam, if i didn't get one of those annoying phone calls today from ebay!! Trying to tell me how they can make me a better sellerimage >>

949 area code I think? I get em all the dam time too
  • Options
    Or the douche bag that emails immediately after an auction and begins with, "I see this card didn't sell ..." and proceeds to offer some ridiculously low amount.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Or the douche bag that emails immediately after an auction and begins with, "I see this card didn't sell ..." and proceeds to offer some ridiculously low amount. >>

In June, a seller put a particular card in his store. I wanted the card, but not at his price, so I emailed him an offer of 66% his asking price. "No" was his brief and to-the-point answer. Today, the card was still sitting around in his store, untouched. I asked him again, same price, and I got it. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    This piece just sold outa my store at the asking price. image

Wondo