Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Added a historically important Conder Token to my collection

This token is D&H 1039d and it part of the "Political and Social Series" from Middlesex. I have yet to find any information on who issued it and when (I think it dates to c. 1795), but perhaps some of you can help with that.

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    D'oh, picture problems!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Photo issue fixed, whew!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is neat!
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    That is pretty cool, Dead One, but I like your "End of Pain" better.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    The "End of Pain" token is my favorite too!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Thank you Laurent!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Great token, interesting series. I too like the "end of pain".

Your post spurred my interest, "my regal leatherface", and off I went to Google. After half an hour
    of fruitless searching I found the token!

It was, of course, on your website.image

Congratulations on such a thorough job with the tokens, best I'd found out there.image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I see Ol' Bag o' Bones knew what Laurent was going to say even before he said it!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Token! The reverse is similar to that of the 1791 Seirra Leone Cent.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I see Ol' Bag o' Bones knew what Laurent was going to say even before he said it!!

Really! How'd that happen?image

Is he soothsaying again? Now, Aethelred, it's no your job, that's Sean's job. (looking for an advertising cultural reference here).
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato