Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Ebays new search function

Wow, do I HATE it. Anyone else?image

Comments

• elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Hate is not a strong enough word. Last night, I was so frustrated with my inability to find things effectively that I just gave up. Today, with a good night sleep, I am still unable to get it to work anywhere nearly as well as the old search. I am a verteran computer nerd by trade and never have problems figuring this like this out with a little trial and error, but the new eBay search has me so pissed off... in part because I see no value add so far. Change for the sake of change, regardless of as is anyone wants it or even hates it, that is the eWay.

Snorto~
  • IT SUCKS!!!!!
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's terrible. If you clean your cashe and delete cookies it will go back to the regular search function. You may have to restart your computer. It worked for me.
    James
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    it sucks real bad ..i cant stand itimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Enter "buy it now" to the section you were looking at and the information won't transfer overimage
  • I hated it as well. At the bottom of the page it stated that the new search is just a test and if you don't like it you can go back to the old search. I opted out and hope the new experiment never is instituted!!!
  • It blows. I email this to ebay every day. Hopefully they'll get it, and fix it.
    How do you search completed listings anymore? I can't figure it out.

When you do a normal search for active auctions it gives you zillions of choices and most of that is junk.

Why does ebay always make these stupid changes when the old way worked just fine? It's probably some IT person trying to justify their employment there by coming up with some new way to do things.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    A complete fiasco, a major corporate misfire, worse than Katie Couric and worse than vanilla coke.
    Capecards
  • ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more--what a disaster of epic and biblical proportion!

The frustration!?! The wasted time?!?! Why?!? image
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    What are you guys ranting about? I just went to my favorite searches and it still works perfectly. I don't see any options for a new search or old search engine.